Billie Joe Armstrong

'Where are we going?' I asked Billie curiously. It was my birthday and my best friend Billie Joe Armstrong was taking me somewhere. The problem was, he wasn't telling me where! And I was getting more impatient by the minute!

'You'll see!' Billie giggled playfully. My heart melted as he giggled. I'd had a crush on Billie for as long as I could remember. But I knew that he didn't like me that way. So I always had to keep my feeling hidden.

'Ok Abby.' Billie said, grinning. 'Get in the car.' 'The car?' I repeated, confused. If we were going in the car, that must mean that we were going somewhere relatively far. 'Yup! The car!' Billie replied, giving me a warm smile.

When we got into Billie's car he turned on the radio. Boulevard of Broken Dreams had just started playing. 'Ironic.' Billie whispered to himself. I smiled widely. Boulevard of Broken Dreams was my favourite Green Day song!

I started to softly sing the chorus. Billie smiled and sang along. 'I walk a lonely road the only one that I have ever known.' We both sang in unison. I began to feel my eyes tear up as the song ended.

'What's wrong Abby?' Billie suddenly asked. 'I don't know.' I sniffed as tears streamed down my cheeks. 'Aw! It's alright Abby. C'mere.'

Billie put one arm around me and kept the other one on the steering wheel. My sniffles had died down now. I just let out an occasional whimper now and then.

'Shhh.' Billie whispered, gently rubbing my shoulder in an effort to try and comfort me. 'Cheer up Abby! Look! We're here!'

I looked out of the window and gasped. We were at the beach! Billie had taken me to the beach for my birthday!

'Thank you!' I squealed as I threw my arms around his neck. 'My pleasure Abby.' Billie chuckled softly. My heart did a little flip.

We found a nice spot close to the sea where it wasn't so crowded. We sat on the sand and I absentmindedly started to draw a skull and crossbones in the sand.

'That's a bit dark for you ain't it Abby?' Billie asked, looking over my shoulder at my drawing. 'Nah!' I replied, giving him a small smile. 'I like that sort of thing.'

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Billie said: 'I'm kinda hungry. Wanna get something to eat?' 'Sure!' I replied enthusiastically. 'I'm always hungry!'

The two of us walked along the pier for a while, munching on some hot dogs. 'This is amazing!' I said, staring out to sea. 'Yeah.' Billie sighed, putting his arm around me. I blushed at his gesture.

Suddenly Billie did something that I thought he'd never do. He leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips. I blushed. 'I've always wanted to do that.' He smirked. My heart skipped a beat. 'Really?' I asked, completely astonished. 'Yup!' Billie grinned.

I grabbed Billie's shirt and pulled him in for another kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I ran my fingers through Billie's soft black hair, earning a small moan in return.

We eventually had to pull away for oxygen. I smiled at Billie and he winked at me. 'I love you Abby.' He whispered, pulling me into a tight hug. 'I love you too Billie Joe.' I whispered back.

As we walked back to Billie's car I couldn't stop thinking one thing: that was the best birthday I've ever had!