Responsibilities

Michael sighed as he saw Luke walking into the room, holding a blanket to his chest.

"What's wrong, Luke?" Michael asked, and the blonde boy stood there, two little kids clutched to his legs.

"The storm." Luke whispered.

Michael had taken care of the kids all day and Luke told him he would make sure they got to bed. That obviously wasn't going to happen.

The kids ran over and sat on the couch while Michael stood up. He walked over to Luke and looked down at his husband.

"Luke, you know the only reason they're scared of the storm is because you are. You're a dad now. It's time to grow up a little. You have responsibilities such as putting the kids to bed." Michael said, and Luke sighed.

"I know, but the thunder just got really loud and I wanted to come down here." Luke whispered.

"But now they're not going to sleep." Michael said, and Luke softly looked over to see the kids watching tv.

"I'm sorry." Luke whispered, and Michael ran a hand over his face out of exhaustion. It was supposed to be Luke's moment to take care of the kids. Michael really needed a break.

"Just go to bed. I'm gonna try to get the kids to-"

"Michael, I'm scared." Luke told him, and Michael sighed, walking over to the couch.

The kids crawled on his lap, holding onto his arms tightly.

Luke walked over to Michael, and picked up their little girl, sitting down. He snuggled into Michael's shoulder, holding Lilly tightly.

"See, Luke, you're doing great. It's okay to be scared, just don't show them or else it'll freak them out, especially over something like a storm. You're okay." Michael whispered, kissing Luke's forehead, wrapping his free arm around the two, the other one was holding Mason.

"I'm trying. I want to be a good dad." Luke said softly.

"You are the best dad to them. You do an amazing job. We still have a lot of learning to do, but you're giving your best and that's all that matters. You're a great parent." Michael told him, and Luke smiled, holding Lilly's hand, feeling her grip around his thumb.