Chapter 30

Janet

"Does it hurt? It looks weird as hell." Lisa poked at the top of my boob while I fed Mia.

"If it hurt than I wouldn't be doing it. It doesn't bother me,probably because she has no teeth."   Mia was going to work on my boob,just greedy.

"She's so tiny,isn't that bad? She was full term so why is she so little?" Amaru has been asking me this all morning. I keep trying to explain to him that she's healthy according to my doctor. She just happens to be small,but he just heard what he wants to. "Jay I know you heard me."

"I've been hearing you all morning but I'm not gonna answer because it's annoying. She is fine,i promise you she is." Mia finished up and I put her flat on my chest so she could burp.

"Whatever,give me my baby."  He took her before I could even respond to him.  "she don't want to be all up under you with yo stank ass breath."

"Shut up,you so damn irritating." I sat up. Lisa helped me off the bed and I went into the bathroom.

Amaru

"How does it feel being a dad now?" Lisa asked me.

"I don't know how to describe it but it's amazing." I looked down at Mani going to sleep in my arms.  "I just wanna give her the world,she is my world. I never knew I could fall in love with someone in so little time." I kissed my babygirl's head.

"She is literally half of you and half of Jay,it's crazy. And she's so tiny looking like a little doll." 

"She's perfection,I don't know why she's so small though as much as Jay ate my baby should at least have 5 more pounds on her. You wanna hold her?"  She looked at me like I was stupid.

"No,she's a little too small for me. I'll wait until she grows a little."  Something's wrong with her ass.

"Who doesn't hold their own God child? What you really scared of,you won't hurt her."  Her eyes lit up when I said God Child.

"Ok,since you put it like that" she put her arms out. "Let me see my baby." 

I gave Imani to her as gently as I could because I just put her to sleep.

"Have you seen Toni?"  I've been worried about her.

"Yea,she called me last night crying. I know it's something with Christian but she wouldn't tell me. I done trying to be there and help her,she keeps pushing me away."

Toni is like my sister  but she really has a problem her and that bitch ass nigga she fucks with. I feel bad for my baby cousin cause his parents are all fucked up,hopefully nothing happens to him while they out there doing their dirt.

Janet came back out the bathroom in the clothes I packed her and her hair damp.

"Babe,have you seen my ring? I can't find it anywhere." She sounded like she was about to cry.

"Relax pooh,I got it. I didn't want you to lose it with everything that was going on last night." She sighed in relief.

She went and sat back down. She looked so tired. I went and got in the bed with her.

"What's wrong,I know something's  bothering you."  I held her face in the palm of my hands. She tried her best to keep her head down avoiding eye contact with me.

"My dad hasn't been here yet. He hasn't answered my calls,text nothing." She wiped the stray tear from her cheek.

"You want me to go see what's up? I know it's not like him to ignore you."

"I would but that's so far and it's getting dark. I don't want you traveling that far by yourself."

She moved the stray hair behind her ear " I'll take Lisa with me . we'll be back by 6-7, I don't want you to worry he's probably busy. I know there's a valid reason why he's not here."  I tried to give her some reassurance,that last thing I need is another problem. We just can't seem to dodge bullshit. I know he better have a real good reason for why he isn't here.

"Okay but be back as soon as possible, I don't wanna be alone for too long."  I kissed her lips,even though they were a little chapped. I missed them.

"No need to worry pooh,I won't be long." I got out the bed. "Now I suggest you get some rest before she wakes up."

I took Imani and kissed her before laying her in the bassinet.

"Come on midget,we on a mission." I pulled list's little ass out her seat.

"I'm not a midget,I'm just vertically challenged" she slapped the back of my neck. As we were walking out the door,as I turned around to tell Jay I love her it was too late her ass was out cold.

Something was telling me not to leave her alone but I think it was just me being over protective.

Okay I decided not to delete this book. I think I was just being dramatic when I thought no one liked this story any more. I think it's not you guys that's the problem it's me,I'm gonna try a different writing style next chapter. I'm working on learning how to keep things interesting in each chapter without dragging things out because I feel that's the problem.