Chapter 26-Got Til It's Gone

Toni

I have very little remorse for Janet at this point. She put this whole situation on herself. I told her to just mind her business but she couldn't even do that. The real reason why she slapped me is because I'm with Christian and she's not. She thought getting pregnant by someone else making it seem as if she moved on was going to get him back. I knew she was never over him from the beginning. I hope her and that baby dies TBH. We never were friends anyway,I just played friendly with her once she got involved with Amaru. Our friendship died when she found out about me and Christian. She's been jealous of me since then and thought she would get over him by getting under my cousin. But that didn't get her anything but pregnant. Now I have to sit here in this hospital  and act concerned about her. Honestly it won't be that hard because what I am concerned about is when Amaru gets here, which should be soon. Lisa called him,and I know he's going to come in here looking for answers as to what happened. Lisa's across from me crying,nose running and all. She looks crazy. Christian pissed me off because he's acting like he cares about Janet all of a sudden,he's the one who pushed her! My only concern is my son who I had to leave at home with my mother because of this shit. I noticed Lisa look up,wiping her eyes but she wasn't looking at me. She was looking behind me and when I followed her eyes I was faced with an furious Amaru

Amaru

When Lisa called me saying something happened to Jay,I was lucky to even make it to the hospital. I completely blacked out doing 100 all the way here,and I ran just about every red light. I went to the waiting room and I saw Lisa cry,Toni and her nigga. I got questions and I better get the right fucking answers.

"What the fuck happened?" Toni looked at me with a blank stare. "Oh so nobody got shit to say?!"

"She fell." Lisa cried out.

"Fell? That's all you gonna say is she fell? I want the whole fucking story, it gotta be more to it based on the way you called me crying."

"Her and Toni were fighting,me and Christian broke it up and she fell down the steps." I felt like she leaving something out and right now is not the time to be playing.

"You gonna tell me the full story,or do all of y'all want to face the consequences. Tell me the whole fucking story this is your last chance before o bug the fuck out."

"Ok,ok. Christian and Toni were arguing while Jay was trying to sleep. She went in there telling them to be quiet,Toni told her to get out her room,she slapped Toni,Toni slammed her into the wall,I tried to break it up but I got body slammed. Then she pushed Toni into the hall,that's when me and Christian got them off each other. I grabbed Toni and he grabbed Jay. She told him to get off her and pushed him. Then he....he um told her to calm down first." Her voice got significantly low. "Then he pushed her back and she went tumbling down the stairs."

After that I saw nothing but a big ass red target on his head. He knew it was coming because he was standing up in defense mood as I charged towards him. I'm not gonna lie he put up a good fight but moral of the story is he ended needing to see a nurse. Bitch ass nigga busted my lip but that's. I had to do a lot of pleading to security guards to let me stay until someone tells me something. I needed to calm down,I needed some air. I stepped outside,I don't know what I would do if something happened to both of my babies. I don't understand how something like this occurred,I've been doing right,going to school,got a job,saving up money so me and Jay can move in together before the baby gets here and now I don't even know if either one of them will be able to see me do any of the things that I've been busting my ass for them to have. I swear if something is wrong,none of this shit will matter because I'll be in prison for murder,and that's a promise. Nothing and I mean nothing is more important to me than Janet and my baby girl. I'm just gonna prepare for the worst but pray for the best.

I didn't even realize that I was pacing back and forth until Lisa came out and stopped me.

"The doctor said that we can see her." She grabbed my hand pulling me back into the building. We got on the elevator to the 3rd floor. I noticed that Toni must've left or went with her nigga. Either way I don't care,me and her will talk tonight,Christian was just my target for now,but I definitely didn't forget about that fight she and Janet had. I don't give ten fucks if Jay hit her first,she's still pregnant with my baby.

"Come on she's in this room." I did a silent prayer before walking in.

There she was,with three two IVs. One on her upper arm and the other on her hand. She was sleep,peacefully. Knowing that she at least looked okay gave me some relief but I still need to know about my baby.

"Where the doctor go,did he say anything about the baby?" I sat down in the chair next to Jay's bed.

"He said she's fine,Janet's lucky she didn't get a concussion from the fall because that's how bad it was and they would've had to preform an emergency c-section."

"Man this shit is too much to deal with right now. I'll be back alright,stay here with her until I get back,if she wakes up and ask for me just tell her I'm coming back."   I got up but I didn't leave with kissing Jay and my baby.

...

Lisa

I stayed in this hospital all night,Jay slept all night. A nurse came to check on her every couple of hours but other than that nothing happened. Jay just woke up and she's been asking for Amaru. She called him several times but no answer. I told her he was coming back but I honestly I'm not too sure about that my damn self. He's been gone all day,I don't know why but he has yet to return like he said. This girl is seriously crying because he's not answering her calls. I feel bad for the both of them,they're both going through so much. Being young with a child on the way has to put a lot of pressure on them.

"Lisa,can you come lay with,my head hurts and I just want to lay with someone."  I was apprehensive because that bed is small but I know she just needed someone here for her.

I got up in bed with her and she quickly clung to me,snuggling her face in the crook of my neck. Before I knew it she was back to sleep but I think it was because of the medicine she took.

....

Janet

I was woken up from my nap thanks to someone screaming. It was Toni while Christian comfort her,she was crying hysterically and Lisa was in the corner crying on ms.evelyn's lap.

"What's going on?" It was like everything stopped the way they all paused and looked at me. "Why are y'all crying?"

No one said anything,it was honestly making me pissed off. "Somebody needs to tell me something,why are y'all crying."

Ms.Evelyn got up once Lisa got off her lap and came up to me. She grabbed my hand,caressing it.

"Sweetie, Amaru was shot" she wasn't able to get another word out.

"What! Is he here,I need to see him. Take me to him now!"

"Baby,he's dead."