Chapter 2

From the first glance at the beautiful kimono, worn by the mannequin in the store, she knew it was perfect. It must have been expensive, not only because of its pattern, but also because it seemed to be made of the finest material one could find.

"Before I buy it, I better check the prize..."

Okay... Kagome knew that the kimono was expensive, anyone could figure that out. But she didn't think it was THAT expensive! But what else could she get him?

Checking her wallet to see how much money she could actually spend, she noticed she might just have enough to buy the kimono after all... A small smile as well as a noticeable blush spread across Kagome's face as she tried to imagine how cool... no...handsome the young half demon would look in that kimono.

'I'm sure he'll love it.' She thought happily to herself as she was practically dancing on her way home to wrap his gift.

Meanwhile, back in Feudal Japan, Inuyasha was still pondering what to get Kagome for Christmas. He had given it a lot of thought, but there always seemed to be something not quite right about all his ideas. He tried to imagine Kagome in a beautiful kimono that looked much like the 12-layered kimono his mother had worn, though. Chances were, he could afford to buy a kimono for her...? A 12-layer kimono, well.... Maybe not, but either way, she'd look adorable.

Because Christmas Eve was now only 5 days away, he had to act fast before it was too late to give Kagome anything at all. Though, he doubted anyone in the nearby villages had even heard of this holiday Kagome had told Inuyasha and the others about. That thought helped Inuyasha stress a bit less. 'The hard thing will be picking out the perfect one...' he thought.