4 | Guests

"I'm Back!"

He slowly lets me go, allowing me to look at his face to see who it was.

"OPPA!"

I screamed in joy once I see Baekhyun (my older brother) standing right in front of me. Baekhyun started going to college in Toronto for 2 years now, so I wasn't able to see him much often. Since then, I've been missing him so much, and now he is right in front of me. "Baekhyun, what are you doing here all the way from Toronto?", I questioned him. "I figured since it's winter break, I could come and visit you and mom."

Just then, I hear mom opening the front door where we were chatting. "Y/N! Where in Gods name have you been?! Your 10 minutes late-" Once my mom makes eye contact with Baekhyun, her face automatically lights up with joy. "Baekhyun! What are you doing here? Please come in!"

Mom grabs both of us by the arm and drags us inside and sits us down in the dining table. "What do you want, hot chocolate or tea?" I asked for some hot chocolate while my brother asks for Thai tea. After a while, mom comes in bringing us both of our drinks. In unison my brother and I yell, "Thanks mom! ♡" As we drank our drinks, Baekhyun starts talking about what it's like back in Toronto and how university is going for him. Then suddenly, you hear the doorbell ring during mid conversation. "I got it!", I say as I stand up from my chair and quickly speed walk to the door. Once I opened the door, I was greeted by an unexpected guest.

"Kyungsoo? What are you doing here-" "Y/n I really need your help!" Quickly, I look down to see Kyungsoo carrying a little girl in his arms. He quickly notices me staring at the little girl. "It's my little sister...she passed out. I don't know what or why it happened. I just saw her on the ground near the kitchen. And since I knew you were close by..."

   Before he could even finish his explanation, I quickly rush them inside and told him to lay her down on the couch. Just then Mom and Baekhyun walk into the room where Kyungsoo and I were standing, asking me what's going on.

   I turn towards my mother and say,"His little sister passed out." My mom rushed to her and put her finger near her nose to check if she was still breathing. Then, she began checking her body trying to figure out the root of the problem. Kyungsoo leans near my ear and whispers, "Psst, what is she doing?" I reassured him by replying with, "Don't worry, she's a nurse. She's just checking what's wrong with your sister."

   After a while of just inspecting my mom, she finally told my brother to get her and ice pack from the fridge. Once Baekhyun came back with an ice pack and gently places it on the little girls forehead, my mom turns towards Kyungsoo and gives him a little smile. "Don't worry sweetie, she just has a high fever. It's better if you let her rest for tonight, and try not to wake her up as much as possible."
Suddenly, an idea pops into my moms head.

   She looked at Kyungsoo with a huge smirk on her face. Oh no, she's up to something now. "Hey, why don't you stay with us for tonight? Since it will take a while for her to recover. Plus, it's already late out. What do you say?"

   I looked at my mom with wide eyes. Is she insane? I pushed her aside and whispered to her ear, "Mom, we can't just let a random stranger into our house all of a sudden!" My mom looks at me in "shock". "Y/N, first of all I'm only doing this for his sister. And second of all, he's not a stranger! Look, isn't he in your school?"

    You follow her index finger as she points to his school uniform.
CRAP!
My mom pretends as if i'm not there and begins chatting with Kyungsoo. "Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself. Hello, my name is Debra (A/N: I just thought of a random name on the spot) and this is my son, Baekhyun, and my daughter Y/N."

   My mom then gave me and my brother a stern look that automatically made us bow to Kyungsoo respectfully. Once we bowed to him, Kyungsoo politely bowed back. "Hello, my name is Do Kyungsoo. Thank you all for taking care of my sister. And sure, I guess I can stay here for the night since it's alright with you." My mom smiled and clapped happily, "Well, its settled then!"
I quickly looked at my mom having an excuse in mind, "But mom, don't we have school tomorrow?"

All of a sudden, Baekhyun steps in on the conversation and says in a sarcastic voice, "But Y/N, today is Friday. Tomorrow is Saturday. You don't have school on weekends." I quickly stomped him in the foot before giving my mom and Kyungsoo a small smile, "Whoops! My mistake..."

Well, great.....

"My childhood friend/crush is staying at my house tonight."