"And when is it exactly when your inventions do go yer way?" Scot inquired, but was returned with a nudge in the stomach from Maria.

Before anyone could say anything more, another explosion came from down the hall. Immediately, The Eagle's Arrow began to lose altitude. The crew made their way out of the lab to the window and noticed smoke trailing behind them, the black snaking through what was once a clear, blue sky. They were all shocked as they turned to glare at Jameson, who looked as if he had just been shot. Well, he hadn't been shot yet.

Rogers came barreling around the corner, a wrench in his hand, oil staining... well everything.

"The explosion that occurred knocked my tool box into the engine and jammed it. I can fix it, but I need time. Captain, it's very possible she will hit the water before I can have her up and running again."

The words hung in the air like smoke. Nobody moved, they were too shocked to even breathe. Finally, the captain gathered her wits and went into action.

"Thank you for the report, Rogers. If you would please return to your post and continue working, I'll take care of things on this side."

"Yes, captian." Rogers replied dutifully and ran back the way he came.

"Scot, I need you to strap down anything that would fall over if bumped too hard. I do not want to see a single weapon not packed down tightly."

"Ay, lassie." Scot sprinted towards his weapons room.

"Maria, darling, would you please grace us with some soothing music? I think it will help the crew calm down a bit."

"Of course." Maria gracefully made her way to the music room. Not long after, the sound of her beautiful music poured through every room. Jameson had arranged the vents in The Arrow so that no matter where you were, you could always hear the music being played.

"What would you like me to do, Annemarie?" Adalè asked, hoping to get an important job and not her usual one of going around the ship and making sure that everyone was alright or wanted a drink.

The captain smiled down at her. "I would like you to come with me."

The captain led Adalè through twisting hallways and past a multitude of doors until they finally made it to the bridge. With the vast bay window that looked out through the sky, they could finally see just how close they were to 'landing'. Except for landing meant splashing into the ocean in the middle of nowhere in a giant, metal dirigible.

Adalè was scared, so scared in fact that she was shaking, but as soon as she looked up at the captain, who was staring out the window as if about to laugh at the fear, she soon gathered up her courage and stood at attention.

"What can I do for ya, captain?" Adalè asked in a voice that sounded like it was supposed to be serious, but the captain thought it didn't suit her much.

"At ease, Addie. Now, the only thing that we have to do is stop The Arrow from doing a complete nose dive, deploy the 'emergency brakes', and release the inflatable rafts on the ships bottom so that it will float giving Rogers more time to fix the engine. All of this, of course before we land in the ocean."

"Well, that doesn't sound too hard." Adalè said, an infectious smile on her face, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"I guess not." Annemarie chuckled and pet Adalè's head.

However, now was not the time to giggle. The captain strode towards the giant wheel that steered The Arrow and took hold of it, flipping off the automatic stabilizer. Immediately the ship shuttered and began to pull up, barely slowing the decent.