CHAPTER 26

BLAINE'S POV...

The rest of the day went on pretty good. We had lunch and then just walked through all the different stores. I noticed that a lot of things caught her eye and that she wanted some of those things , but of course she denied my suggestion of buying her anything. She was so stubborn.

So stubborn that she didn't say anything about what I confessed to her earlier. And a part of me was thankful...too thankful. If she were to say anything about it I wouldn't know how to react to that. Hell , I didn't even know I had it in me to feel those things , let alone confessing it to her. But she didn't seemed to be uncomfortable about it either. I don't know what to think right now.

The sun was setting and she looked tired. She looked happy , but tired. I told her that we should be heading back and she agreed. So we walked back to the Jeep and drove off back home. The ride home was full of small talk and for the first time in a long while I didn't mind it. It didn't bother me to listen to her and to watch the why she scrunched up her nose when I tried to make a cheesy joke. I hate to admit it but I feel happy. For once I dimmed my hard , dominating demeanour and just relaxed and had "fun". She brings out the better in me , and in a way I detest it. I didn't , nor do I want this. I don't want her to change the way that I am and how I feel. I don't want to change in any matter , but I cant fight this. I need to keep her. I need her. Just her...

We kept on talking until our voices were overpowered by the sound of dirt crunching under the tires. Without a roof or windows it sounded like thunder that we were travelling on. Neither of us seemed to mind to be quiet. It was a comfortable silence.

"What the hell is that?" Millie asked , speaking a little louder than normal for me to hear her.

I slowed down and then came to a complete stop. There were frogs hopping their way across the dirt road. It wasn't odd to see this in Italy , especially in this area. There were normally signs that warned you about these kind of things but I guess the long grass outgrew the height of the sign.

"Do we really have to wait for them all to cross over?" She asked , looking at me. Fuck , she was beautiful.

"Yes , yes we do. It's law here. If you keep on driving through them and someone catches you you'll get fined or you can get your ass thrown in jail. They are really strict about this so its better to just wait a few minutes." I explained to her.

She nodded her head and just looked back at the tiny , four-legged slime balls to pass. I could see that she was getting impatient waiting on them. She would comb her fingers through her hair every now and then , keeping her hand at the side of her head and then lean on it. She looked adorable when she was irritated.

When did you turn into the dreaming fuck boy Blaine?

"Yes! Finally!" She cheered when the last froggy made its way over the road and into the towering grass of the creek.

I smiled and turned the key in the ignition. I released the clutch and slowly we started to move forward. I was about to step on the gas pedal when one giant , fat frog hopped onto the gravel. I stopped immediately shifted out of gear , preparing to wait another couple of minutes for the king of all frogs to pass.

"Oh , come on!" Millie yelled and threw her arms up into the air. I couldn't help but notice how her tits bounced when she did that. Lately I found it difficult to not notice everything about her. Even the little things.

"That's it!" She threw open her door and hopped out of the Jeep. She slammed the door shut again and started marching over the that big ass frog.

"What are you doing?!" I hollered from my spot in the truck.