twenty-five ; yule ball

Start from the beginning

"Just go on, Darce. I know you want to."

Darcy was already packing her snowballs in her hands and went to join Ginny and Fred.

"Saw you guys were taken short!" Darcy laughed, handing out the snowballs to the two red-heads.

The six threw snowballs, and after a while, Darcy was hit in the back by George. She cursed, and gave him a finger. Then, she went along to build a variation of snow-mans near Hermione.

Around five o'clock, Hermione said she was going back upstairs to get ready for the ball. Darcy agreed as well, excited to see the dress Ophelia -and Remus -got her.

"What, you need three hours?" said Ron, looking at her incredulously and paying for his lapse in concentration when a large snowball, thrown by George, hit him hard on the side of the head. "Who're you going with?" he yelled after Hermione, but she just waved and disappeared up the stone steps into the castle.

"He's still going on about that?" Darcy said.

Hermione nodded. "I just ignore it. He's such a child, honestly."

The two separated to their own ways. Darcy headed down to her dorm, and picked up the box that Ophelia handed her.

Inside was a lavender-colored dress. It's lightness was undeniably beautiful when folded, already revealing patterns of small delicate flowers. The dress was a v-neck -delicate and appropriate -that had a see-through mesh, darker material. The tiny flowers were delicately and precisely placed around the torso, and spread out on to the skirt of the dress.

Darcy was both relieved and amazed. She almost rejected the idea of Lupin choosing the dress. (But if Lupin did take a liking to Ophelia, then he must've chosen the dress because of the color).

"That's beautiful," said a voice behind her -Tracey, whom was accompanied by Gemma.

Darcy, midway into the french braid, paused and smiled at the two when they went to their beds.

Tracey laid out a elegant puffy pastel pink dress. She easily pulled on the dress, explaining that she was going to the next dorm.

Gemma was left behind, and she stared, lost, at the ground.

"I have no idea what to do," she said. "I haven't got the slightest of where to start."

Done with the one-side french braid, Darcy said, "Do your hair -and makeup if that's what you do."

"Makeup?" said Gemma, her cheeks flushed. "I have no idea how to do that!"

"Oh, well," said Darcy. She examined Gemma's face, which was completely flawless. "I don't think you need makeup. You're skin is really smooth...My mascara could work on you...maybe a little blush?"

"You'd help me?" Gemma excitedly said. "Oh that's so nice!"

Darcy did everything she could to please Gemma. She already had her tan neck-high dress on that made her look extremely tall, even though she was a few inches shorter than Darcy. When done, Gemma was hugging Darcy tightly.

"You're welcome," laughed Darcy, patting Gemma's back. "Now -I'm pretty sure my lungs are getting crushed."

"Wow! I'm just -" Gemma breathed out, " -it's great -you're great!"

Darcy shook her head and laughed. "Let's head down and show off you off. You look like a million bucks!"

"Oh, stop!" Gemma hushed, blushing.

The Slytheirn's had stared oddly at Darcy and Gemma. Most fourth to seventh years had paired themselves with only Slytherins, only a handful-including Darcy and Gemma-had dates outside of the house.