Chapter 1.8: You Don't Hurt People You Love

Start from the beginning

She looked down at our hands and a small smile appeared on her lips. I wasn't sure why she was smiling. I bet she was in great pain. Hopefully soon she would be able to rest without waking up again.

Sam stepped inside the room with a small clear liquid and a needle in her hand. "I'm going to extract the bullet from your body, so you'll go to sleep for awhile," She told Zariah.

Zariah bright brown eyes bore into mine. A few tears manage to escape from her eyes, rolling down her cheeks. Her eyes roll to the back of her head falling back to sleep. Sam walks over to me, giving me a look.

"I'm going to put you on fluids and put you to sleep as well,"

I nodded. "Just make sure she lives,"

Sam sighed heavily. "I will, I'll see you in awhile," She injected me with the clear fluids and a few seconds later I passed out.

            I was sitting on the deck staring into the sea, daydreaming about life. In just a few more months I was going to graduate and go to college. An overwhelming feeling crept over me. For so long I waited for this day to come that I didn't even know what I wanted to do in college anymore.

            I could become a police officer or a tattoo artist. I let out a small chuckle. Tattoo Artist? My mother would kill me if I told her my dream was to be a tattoo artist.

            I felt two arms wrap around my neck bringing to a tight hug. The sweet smell of lavender crept in my nose. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was. I would recognize that smell from anyone.

            "What are you doing here in the cold?" I let out a small sigh; it had been so long since I heard her sweet angelic voice.

            I shrugged. "Since I saw you sleeping I thought I would come up here,"

            She smacked her lips together. "Day dreaming again?"

            I nodded. I brought my hands up to hers intertwining my fingers with hers. She felt so real as if she truly was here. I didn't dare to look up at her, I was afraid. Afraid her face would look disoriented or that this dream would turn into a complete nightmare if I did.

            "Yeah,"

            I felt her bright smile beaming from her face. "It's okay," She whispered to me. "It's time to move on sweetheart, its okay if you love her,"

            "Are you talking about Zariah?" I asked her quietly.

            She nodded. "She isn't me Aaron, she'll never be me. I'm gone and I'll never come back, so love her instead, give her all the affection you weren't able to give me," She leaned forward kissing my cheek.

            "You lied to me..." I departed from her.

            Caroline grabbed onto my cheek picking my head up. She looked the same way as a year ago. Her perfect white shiny skin, her dark brown eyes gleamed, and they way her heart shaped lips curved. She was still as beautiful as the day she was buried.