Prolouge

The world of quantum physics was one that had much potential, yet yielding any worthwhile results seemed decades away, or so everyone thought.

Tyson University, located in a coastal city in Florida, was one university that had enough funding left over to enable the research of Dr. Alfred Wallace, a rising star in the realm of quantum mechanics and physics. Dr. Wallace was making a lot of headway with his efforts on building a functioning teleporter, however after countless failed tests, it became overwhelmingly apparent that it was a long ways from happening. He persisted with his research, however he did have to suffer major setbacks, mainly loosing the majority of his funding, and having to reduce his staff from a hundred to just one lab assistant, and He himself had to now work full-time as a physics professor at the university, and no longer spent much time on his machine.

Today, Dr. Wallace spends what little time he can on the machine, and his lab assistant is there with him every step of the way, because she too is very passionate about the teleporter. Her name is Carla Mencina, a 20 year old Tyson university student pursuing a degree in physics. She is a very attractive girl of notable Hispanic decent (being the child of a Cuban father, and a Mexican mother), with rich caramel colored skin, long wavy Dark brown hair that goes just past her shoulders, and light brown eyes. She grew up being the center of attention in school, but now she is much more focused on her studies. She didn't really think that highly of herself in any fashion, but that would change dramatically one fateful day...