And then, for some weird reason, Niall pops up in my brain right in that second and I don't know why.

Would he go to homecoming? And with whom? I don't think he's talking to anyone right now. He's probably not even planning on going. Wait, why the hell am I thinking about him? I shouldn't care about what he does and what he doesn't. I tell myself this, but I still can't stop wondering who he would take if he were going. My mind is going crazy.

The rest of the day is boring as per usual.

And then I'm already walking home with my binder in my arms and headphones in my ears.

I'm listening to 5 Seconds of Summer. I bought the album on iTunes last night and downloaded it to my phone. This is Niall's fault.

When I get home I check Niall's house for any clues if he's home.

I kind of miss him. I'm used to being with him all day, and today, we hadn't even said a single word to each other.

He isn't home. I remind myself that he doesn't get here minutes until after I do. I don't know why either, he's the one with a car and I'm the one who walks home. It makes more sense for him to get home before me, but maybe he does something everyday after school.

I wouldn't know but I wish I did.

As I'm pushing my key in my front door, I can hear his garage door opening and the sound of a car pulling in.

I look to make sure it's him. His white car is driving into the garage until the garage door closes down and I figure he probably hadn't seen me. I shrug it off and walk in my empty house.

For the next two or three hours, I sit in my bedroom to do my homework and watch TV. Just average things. And then, as much as I try not to, I think about Niall.

The kiss is replaying in my mind. It's one of those things that you just can't forget because it was so good. It still makes me feel different inside. I wish I can forget it but I can't.

And then my eyes wander from my TV to my dresser where the pink teddy bear is. Sam.

It looks cute and comfortable right where it's sitting.

Flashbacks of Niall carrying it under his arm as we walk around the fair together come to me—how big the smile on his face was when he won it. How he laughed so hard on the rides we were on together. How he kept teasing me on the Ferris wheel and I almost had a heart attack.

I actually wish I could go back to that day.

I try to fight the urge, but I can't. I want to see Niall. The thought of him sitting in his house all by himself comes to me, and I have to go over there. I wonder what he's doing.

But why would I go there? What reason could I use to go over without him thinking that I wanted to see him? I have to think of something. I don't know what.

So I groan to myself and let my body fall back on my bed. I stare at the ceiling and I try to think.

My stomach grumbles right then and it comes to me. I laugh a little. Food inspired me.

Food. Dinner. I can go over there and bring him dinner. I can just say that I'm paying back for the time he came over and made me a meal. But wait, shit, I can't cook. I almost forgot I suck at that.

So I think again. Everything is backfiring at me right now, damn it. Why am I so stupid? And not born with the talent of cooking everyone else seems to have. Niall has it. Cady has it. My mom has it.

Oh, and the Chinese place just two miles away has it too. I can call them and they'd deliver to my house. Good idea!

Wow, I smile to myself, good thinking, Kaya. Good work!