When Darkness came she continued to walk around once again finding Damon, "there you are little witch. I wondered where you escaped to."

"I've been walking around this thing since I finished eating three hours ago." they saw Anna and walked over to the vampire who nodded at them to follow.

"You're still around?"

"There's something you need to know." Anna said, "the vampires from he tomb are planning an attack tonight."

"How do you know this?"

"I went to them. They think I'm with them, but I'm not. They want the Founding families dead."

"When is this supposed to happen?"

"When the fireworks start."

"John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them."

"Wait. Then we can't be here."

"It doesn't work. It's been deactivated."

"Well, then a lot of people are gonna die."

"Where are they right now?"

"They're already here, Damon." Damon looked around and so did Brooklyn, she took a deep breath and hoped that the protection spell she put on both Damon and herself actually works. Damon grabbed onto Brooklyn and pulled her away, he apparently found who he was looking for because he went over and grabbed Alaric.

"Ric."

"Yeah?"

"Come here. You keep those nifty little vamp weapons in the car?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Because the square is full with tomb vampires." Brooklyn said looking over at her history teacher, "and I think we might need a stake or two."

"Got it." Alaric said before going towards his car. Damon and Brooklyn stared at each other. They turned when they heard Elena's laugh and started walking next to them. Damon grabbed her hand.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

"Saving your life. Fifteen words or less--tomb vamps are here. Founding families are the target. Get her out of here. Now."

"Wait. Wait. Where are you two going?"

"That's more than fifteen words, Stefan." Damon said, taking Brooklyn's hand and pulling her away. They turned when they heard Mayor Lockwood's voice.

"For one-hundred and fifty years Mystic Falls has been the kind of town that everybody wants to call home--safe, prosperous, welcoming. And we have the Founders to thank for that. And that's why I'd like to dedicate this evening's fireworks display to their legacy." people began to applause the mayor, but Brooklyn knew what it meant when the fireworks started. Fireworks began to go off and Brooklyn looked around. She ran into a body and knew he was a vampire, but she was pulled away by Damon into Grayson Gilbert's old practice building to find John.

"Do you have any idea what you've done?"

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I do." he turns the device on and Damon goes down. Brooklyn's mind went blank with rage at her sister and Damon's screamed. John came over and push vervain into his system. Brooklyn looked at him.

"Turn it off!" she complained. She heard the door open and turned around to find Bonnie, "what the hell did you do?!"

"I warned you." she said before turning on Brooklyn and injecting her with something.

"What the hell did you do to me." Brooklyn tried to use her magic against Bonnie, but it wasn't working. She felt herself drop to the ground before the world around her went black.

When she woke up again she did so because she felt like her skin was on fire. She tried to sit up but her body was still immobile. She looked over to see Damon staring at her and reaching for her hand. They grabbed each others.

"I'm sorry." he said. She looked around and saw Mayor Lockwood rubbing his head.

"Mayor Lockwood?" Damon

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm a vampire." Damon said, "and she is a witch her sister turned on. What's your excuse? No, really? The vervain didn't affect you. You're not a vampire. What the hell are you?" the Mayor backed up into the arms of one of the tomb vamps.

"Mayor Lockwood." he said before snapping his neck. She saw Damon get up and he tried to lift her.

"Get yourself out." she said.

"You knew it was now?"

"No. But I knew how." Brooklyn saw Stefan run down the stairs and over to his brother.

"No, get her! I can get myself out."

"Damon! She's already gone." Stefan said, Damon spared one last look at Brooklyn and was confused. Then he saw Brooklyn's burned body then her standing near him.

"How?"

"The spell I performed. It protected only." she said, "goodbye, Damon."

Brooklyn's outfit

Brooklyn's outfit.