~Chapter 47~

Depuis le début

I laughed and locked my phone. I walked downstairs and sat down on the couch. I swear Jacob is so cute.

*next day at dace practice*

"Camille!"

I sighed and covered my face with my hands. "I'm sorry! Gosh." I said. "If you don't have this down packed, then you can't perform." Layla said.

I ran my hand through my hair and just nodded. She started the music again. "Okay. Five, six, seven, eight!"

Spin, dutty wine, one two three, one two three, kick, lean back, spin, kick, split.

The most stupid dance ever.

"Camille, you keep messing up!" she yelled. I flinched and took a step back.

"W-well, I'm s-sorry I-I've b-been out o-of it l-lately. Y-You can't j-j-just expect m-me t-to bounce b-back." I stuttered, playing with the hem of my shorts.

She sighed and slapped her hand to her forehead, which made me flinch. "Know what. Take five." she sighed, walking away.

"Stop messing up, Camille!" Windy yelled at me, walking to the locker room. I flinched and mumbled, "I'm trying my best."

"We know you're trying your best! Just, try harder!" Anna yelled in my face. I flinched and she walked away. Tears started to form in my eyes, a huge lump forming in my throat.

"Guys, stop yelling at her." Sam said. "No! If she can't handle it, she needs to leave!" Anna yelled. I bit my lip as the tears threatened to fall.

"Why did you even put her on the team!?"
"She's obviously messing us up!"
"Kick her off!"
"We can have other tryouts!"
"Get her the hell out of here!"
"LEAVE!"

My breathing was heavy as tears slipped down my face. I ran out of the gym with my mouth covered as sobs escaped my mouth. I ran into the school and hit my back up against the lockers. I slid down, my sobs getting louder.

I brought my legs to my chest and put my head in between my knees. My nails raked down my calves as blood started to come out.

My life sucks. My life is miserable. Why can't I just end it? People obviously don't like me. I should just kill myself when no one is looking. Just die already. No one will miss me anyways.

I should just starve. Maybe cut. Stab myself. Shoot myself. Write a letter to everyone before I murder myself.

"Camille." a calm voice said my name. My sobs became quieter until you couldn't hear them. I was shaking as silent tears streamed down my face.

"Camille, please come back. They were just joking."

"They weren't joking, Sam. They were serious. Why can't you see that? None of them want me on the team anymore now that I'm a freak." I cried.

"Stop saying that. You are not a freak." she said. I lifted my head and looked at her. "Yes, I am and you know that. Don't try to spare my feelings by telling me that I'm sane because everyone knows I'm insane. Everyone says it." I said, tears streaming down my face.

"Just because you have a disorder doesn't mean—" "Just stop!" I yelled, standing up. "You know I'm insane! Just accept it already! I've been like this for years! The doctors just realised that I have it! You can't change who I am! No one can! So, stop trying to convince me to be something that I'm not!"

I walked away and back into the gym. I walked into the locker room as everyone followed me. I got my bag and cleaned out my locker. I looked at the fragile heart that the dance team made me out of clay.

I looked up as tears streamed down my face again. I threw it forcefully to the wall and it shattered in many pieces. Everyone gasped as I slammed the locker shut.

I slowly scratched myself on my arm, my nails digging deep into my skin. Everyone started whispering as I let my hair out of the ponytail. I threw the dance clothes all across the room, silent sobs escaping my lips as tears streamed down my face.

I took my bracelet that the team made out of the bag and broke it. I threw it across the room along with pictures I ripped up.

I picked up the bag and threw it. I flipped over a bench and punched the locker. I walked to the exit and forcefully pushed them out of my way, making some of them fall on the floor.

They called me a bish (they actually said the word) as I walked over to the bleachers. I picked up my jacket and walked to the double doors. I pushed the fire alarm before walking out, causing water to fall from the ceiling and everyone to scream, running around.

I slammed the doors and ran into the school. I ran to the music room as I heard multiple feet running after me. I closed and locked the door.

I looked around and noticed I was in a studio-type-room. Why do we have a studio in the school? Whatever.

I went over to the microphone to see it's already on. I started the music and walked back to the microphone.

"We all got nightmares in our dreams
We look for someone to believe in us
And show us the way
And make it okay
The world can be dangerous

There's something so rare in your veins
Not a single thing I would change
And oh, if you only knew
How I see you
Would you come alive again
Alive again

I, I need you to understand
I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they disappear in the light
I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they look a lot like mine
And listen to me
It's okay to be afraid
Just walk like you're never alone
I don't mind your shadows
Your shadows, baby I don't

Pictures in our head
Of what we're supposed to be
Measuring ourselves but where is the love
Where is the love
The world got us wondering, wondering

I, I need you to understand
That I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they disappear in the light
And I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they look a lot like mine
And listen to me
It's okay to be afraid
Just walk like you're never alone
And I don't mind your shadows
Your shadows, baby I don't

And all these voices in our head
Well they keep screaming louder and louder
But they won't pull us under

Baby, I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they disappear in the light
And I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they look a lot like mine
And listen to me
It's okay to be afraid
Just walk like you're never alone
And I don't mind your shadows
Your shadows, baby I don't."

"Come out of there right now!" Sam yelled at me. I flinched and walked up to the door. I slapped my hand on the glass making everyone flinch.

I gave them a stern look and they all moved out of the way. I flung the door open and walked out of the room, slamming it behind me.

"In case I didn't make it clear, I'm done with every single one of you. I quit. Good luck trying to find someone as good as me."

I walked away probably leaving them shocked. I walked out of the school and sat down on a bench, waiting for the girls to come and get us.

I heard footsteps walking towards me, but I ignored them. It's probably Sam getting ready to yell at me because of what I did.

I looked over and my heart dropped.

"Told you that wouldn't be the last time you saw me."

TO BE CONTINUED