(Chapter 10)

The days passed in the afterlife. Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months, and soon months turned into a year. Cruven explained the time difference to me. That meant that I had been missing in the real world for two whole years.

Over the time, I'd changed a bit. I was mostly the same, besides the fact that I know had my hair up to my shoulders, I was more knowing of things, and I was desperate. Desperate to know about Janice. I needed to know that she believed I was alive somewhere. I didn't even know for sure if I was technically alive, but I was breathing, so that was a good sign.

I was reserved, for the most part. I kept to my self and didn't really care to be social. I took up living in a house outside of town and near the woods. The only people I really talked with or knew were Cruven, a woman named Gianna, and some other people. Gianna was nice. However, it seemed as if she wanted to be more than just friends with me. I didn't care for that now. I was going to stay loyal to Janice, even if I never get laid again in my life.

My life was turned around when I saw her again. I would've preferred to see her back in the real world. But what happened, happened. So one day while I was walking through the woods to clear my thoughts, I found her. I saw the back of her figure first. But I knew it was her. She looked scared and all I wanted to do was run to her, take her in my arms, and kiss her. But I needed to be smart. Cruven had told me some people didn't remember their lives before they came here and that some would remember while others never would.

After I crushed the ball with gas, she passed out. I caught her before she hit the ground, surged, and carried her home. I knew her coming here was a sign. I just had to figure out what it was for.

With my luck, Janice didn't remember her life before this, meaning she had no idea who the fuck I was. She just thought I was a generous guy who took her under his wings sort of like Cruven had done with me.

When Janice first told me she was dreaming about a man but she couldn't see his face, I was filled with a lot of feelings. On one hand, I was glad that she was remembering SOMETHING. On the other, I was pissed because she couldn't remember me. I had always been there with her. We had been friends since kindergarten grade. Us, the guys (Brian, Zack, Jimmy, Johnny) and the girls (Stephanie, Nora, and Denise) had been inseparable. To think that she couldn't remember them either was rather...scary.

I decided to stay away from her and wait for her to remember. I wanted to stay reserved from her but that didn't work. She was charming. She reminded me why I fell in love with her. In a way, I liked experiencing that all over again.

I couldn't help but act like my true self around her. And I guess you can say she liked what she saw. Her eyes started looking at me the same way she looked at me back home. That sparkle was in her eyes and she began to act the way she acted around me before I kissed her for the first time in our sophomore year.

In high school, I had been contemplating on how I would tell her my feelings. When she was making me help her hide from the guy that wanted to take her to the winter dance. I had been in love with her since 8th grade when I really started getting into girls.

Whenever I would laugh, complement her, show that I cared for her, looked at her, or even lightly brushed my skin with hers, she'd blush. I knew she was starting to feel the same way about me. And I just hoped and prayed that this feeling between us would make her remember me.

I think that's what made me give in to making love to her that night. I needed her. The reason I wanted to stop was because I had wanted her to remember me before this were to happen. But, of course, my heart took over my mind and made the decisions. So when I tasted her sweet lips on mine again, I didn't care anymore. I needed to make her mine. It was almost as if I had been addicted to her, and instead of not needing her after a long time withou her, it was as if I needed her more than ever.

I hope it won't come to this but if she doesn't remember her past, I think I'm going to burst and tell her myself.

---

So this ended up being shorter than I planned it to be :/ I know the pic on the side has nothing to do with the story but I love it. I swear, I was tingling the first time I saw it >~< Ehem, *cough cough* I finished in less than half an hour @mikeywayfan31 cx