(Chapter Four) \m/

It's been nearly a month since I've ended up in this "other world" and I haven't been able to remember my life. I just see the man. That same man.

I try not to mention him to Matt. He always seems to get...mad? Bothered? Angered? Something among those feelings.

Cruven had payed us some visits and he and I would talk. He would tell me about his memories of the real world and his experiences here. He would also tell me how Matt would act before I came.

According to Cruven, Matt would rarely be in his home. He would always be out in town or in the forest and he'd try to avoid his home. Cruven also told me that Matt looked...happier.

I thought about all of this while I walked in the forest. Matt wasn't home so I decided to do some more exploring.

My feet lead me through the dark woods as my arms wrapped around me, in an attempt to keep myself warm.

I finally came to a clearing, and I saw a lake. The lake was dark, as was this whole place, and it had an eerie feeling to it. I stepped closer to it, breaking some twigs in the process only to spook some crows away.

My eyes traveled up to see them. The crows flew away into the distance until I could see them no more.

I got closer to the lake but tried not to get too close. I didn't know if I knew how to swim. I looked down at the dark water and saw a blurry reflection of mine.

"Janice..." I looked up as I heard a deep voice call my name.

A dark fog formed above the middle of the lake and I got goosebumps. I turned around, ready to leave, when the voice called me again.

"Janice..." I turned around and faced the fog. What looked like lips formed on the fog.

"What are you?" I found myself saying.

"Poor Janice, you can't remember your past." the fog said.

I frowned. "How do you know that?"

"Oh, I know everything. I even know who that man is that you keep seeing in your dreams."

My heart skipped a beat. "You do?" I asked, hopeful.

"Yes, Janice. And you know who he is too. You just need to remember...remember."

"But I can't!" I screeched. "I try and I try but nothing comes up!" I threw my arms up in exasperation.

"You can, Janice, you can..." the fog brightened up, and before me, a scene came to life.

It was the man. But his face was still blurred. He was running down a street. It was night time. He turned into an ally and kept running. His head turned to look behind him, as if checking whether someone was following him or not.

I walked closer to the image, trying to see if I could make out his face.

Behind him, two men were running towards him. The man ran and ran until he hit a fence. He started to climb it, but soon the two men who were after him, caught up. One of them grabbed him from his shirt and threw him to the ground while the other started to kick him. The two men beat the man on the ground and the one that grabbed him took out a knife.

The scene finished, only to be replaced with a bedroom. It was dark too, stopping me from seeing the occupants' faces, but light came in from the window.

On the bed, were a man and a woman. The young couple were covered by the moving sheets, but I could make out what they were doing. They were making love.

The woman was under him with her arms wrapped around him. He hovered over her carefully while kissing the crook of her neck. My feet lead me closer to the scene. I needed to know who they were. Once I got closer, I noticed the man was the same man from my other dreams. And the woman...she was me. I was the woman.

The light from the window hit the man's arms and chest. I noticed that he had a lot of tattoos. The light was moving to his face and I moved closer.

My foot slipped as I noticed that I had walked into the middle of the lake. The scene disappeared and my legs moved, making me fall. The back of my head collided with a rock as my face was plunged into the water. And soon, darkness...

-----

Chapter 4!! Yay I've come so far with this story already!:D Vote, COMMENT, and all the good shit!

P.S. You should all hear Chapter Four by A7X to honor this story's fourth chapter!;)