Chapter 8 - It Runs In The Family

[ Chapter 8 - It Runs In The Family ]

"What?!" Draco stared at me in shock. "You didn't mention that before."

"I didn't want to cause panic and I didn't know how to tell you." I said guiltily. "Sorry."

"The end of the universe." Fury mused, and surprisingly he was not as surprised as I thought he would be. "It makes sense. Do I get to know what or who will be causing it?"

"Unfortunately, my government does not know either." I sighed in annoyance, "Or they just don't want to tell me."

"Fair enough." He nodded. "And what do you want specifically from me?"

"To be fair, I'm not really sure myself." I admitted, trying to ignore Draco's wounded look. It wasn't working.

"Draco, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, okay? I promise that I'll tell you everything from now on."

He considered it for a moment, before nodding and letting it slide. 

"If you don't want to ask me for anything, I have an offer for you two." Fury spoke up, somehow still exuding a level of calmness even though I told him just a few moments ago that the universe might be destroyed.

I just shrugged, taking down the wards that I had set up.

"Go on, then." Draco answered for the both of us. 

"Would you two like to join the Avengers?"

I stared at him.

Draco stared at him.

The Avengers probably stared at him.

But Tony Stark was probably on his phone or tablet or whatever muggles used these days.

"I'm sorry, but it seems that my hearing is a bit off today." I said. "Could you please repeat that?"

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Would you two like to join the Avengers?"

Draco and I exchanged glances.

"No." We said in unison.

"Not to be rude or anything," Draco added.

"We just aren't interested." I continued.

"How could you not be?"

"We don't wish for fame, honestly. Or the glory." Draco said. "We get enough of that at home."

Fury regarded us for a second.

"I see. I suppose no amount of begging would even make you budge from your decision?" He questioned.

"Definitely not." Draco said.

"I'll be right back." He stood up, opened the door and disappeared with a flourish.

"Honestly, that guy kind of reminds me of Severus." I muttered to Draco.

"Please don't make me imagine Severus with an eye patch." He muttered back. "Never mind, too late. It's engraved in my head."

"Happy to hear that." I smirked and leaned back in the chair.

"Evil." Draco muttered under his breath.

"What did you say?" I asked sharply.

"No. Nothing. Just said you were the nicest sister in the whole world." He raised his hands up in defeat.

"That better be what you said." I glared at him.

"Do all the twins in the world act like you two?" Nick questioned after entering the room again, with a stack of papers plus a pen in hand.