Chapter 12: Meaning with Feelings

Disclaimer: Everything besides Katerina and her family belong to Mitsuro Kubo.
----------------------------------------------

It had been a three months since Victor and I seen each other. We would meet for an hour everyday to talk and spend time with Makkachin together. Sometimes, we would go out in the city to eat dinner together without the public knowing.

Apparently, Makkachin cried when he didn't see me around. So, we planned that Makkachin would stay with me during the day and return to Victor's when he was at home from skating practice.

"Hold still."

Victor was in my apartment today. He wanted me to design costumes for his programs. I was taking his measurements. "Okay. I"m done with the legs and waist. Now, I need to do your shoulders and arms," I told him. "Okay."

I walked over to the step stool to see Makkachin on it. I placed Makkachin on the ground and placed the stool in front of Victor. Victor was about five foot and eleven inches. I was only five foot and three inches so I needed the step stool to get above his shoulders. I could feel my heart beating fast as I was close to him.

I got onto the stool and measured his arms. "The white crystals are missing," I looked at him to see that he was looking at the necklace around my neck. The chain was different but, I kept the pendant. "They got lost in the plane crash," I told him.

"Did you get hurt bad?" He looked very concerned. "Well....I'm not going to lie. I fractured my ribs and had internal bleeding. Luckily, I didn't break my legs," I told him. He gave me a nod. Soon, I was done with the measurements.

"What do you have in mind for the costumes?" I asked him. He was deep in thought. I got a sketchbook and opened to a blank page. "Well, the short program suppose be about precious memories of childhood.. The long program is a bit of a tribute to you," he told me.

{A tribute to me?}

"You think it will be a problem?" he asked me. I shook my head. "No. I just need to know the stories in depth," I told him.

He gave me a smile. He went on to talking about the music and the meaning behind them.

Really, they were a tribute to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Makkachin."

The puppy started to run towards me with his tale wagging happily. He was really growing fast. He was the size of a step stool. I picked him up and held him in my arms. "Sooner or later, I'm not going to be able to hold you anymore," I told him.

"....."

{Cute!}

Victor was in France for the Trophee de France. He left Makkachin in my care until his return. Makkachin and I planned to watch the competition together through the computer. Luckily, I finished his costumes two days ago.

"Let's go watch the competition okay," I told him. "Bark." I walked into my bedroom and logged onto my computer. My computer was linked to the big screen television so that I could watch the competition better.

Ring....ring.....

"Bark!" Makkachin went hyper. I got my phone and saw that Victor was calling me. I picked up the phone quickly. "Hello." "Katerina. Are you going to watch the competition?" he asked me. "Of course. Makkachin and I will be rooting for you," I told him.