Chapter 11: Weights Lifted

Start from the beginning

He listened to every word. "This whole time, I had tried to bury my feelings of guilt but, it had grown over time. You don't know how much pain and suffering that I went through. Depression was bad enough. Living day by day was hard for me. It was my fault that you gotten hurt. I..."

Next thing I knew, Victor pulled me into an embrace. "It's not your fault. You were just in the moment. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm fine now. If you feel sorry, I forgive you. So please, you can let go now."

I nodded against his chest.

For the first time in a while, I felt at ease. A huge weight left my shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the long talk, we went out to eat breakfast together. Victor was very nice to buy me food even though I could buy food myself. We talked for a very long time. Mostly, he was the one who asked me questions.

Currently, we were in his apartment. He offered me some tea since I didn't have anything to offer at my apartment. "Here." he placed the tea cup in my hands. "Thank you," I said to him and took a sip. It tasted great.

"Bark."

I petted Makkachin's head. Makkachin wasn't his first dog. He had a few dogs in his life time. "Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked me. I shook my head. "Nope. I never had a boyfriend. You have a girlfriend?" I asked him. I heard rumors and such about Victor's dating life. I didn't know if any of them held truth.

He gave me a nod. "But, I feel like she is using me because of my fame," he said to me. I felt bad for him. It would be difficult for him to be in a relationship. Plus, he had to be weary about who to date because girls could use him.

"If you feel that way, why don't you end things with her? If a guy was using me, I would end things with him in an instant," I told him and rubbed Makkachin's stomach. Victor was deep in thought. {Is he thinking about his reputation?}

After a minute, Victor picked up his phone and called someone. I looked at Makkachin who was trying to get my attention. I couldn't help but to smile. "You are such a good little puppy," I said in a cute voice. Makkachin wagged his tail in happiness.

"Hello, Evgenia."

{Huh?} I looked at him. He was talking on the phone. "I think we need to break up," he said straight up. {He is really going to do it?} I stared at him. "I know that you have been using me. I can tell from your actions," he said through the phone.

Makkachin laid on my lap and started to sleep. "This is the last time that I will call you. Take care of yourself. Hope you find someone who loves you genuinely," he said and hung up the call. {He really did it.}

He looked at me with a smile. " Thank you Katerina," he said to me. "Um....your....welcome?" I didn't know what to say. He looked down at Makkachin on my lap. "Really. You made me realize that I need to end with her. Who knows what might she do next," he said to me.

"Oh."

"So, do you still skate?" he asked me. I gave him a nod. "I used to help teach kids how to skate in England during the winter months. Sometimes, I would practice by myself if nobody was at the ice rink," I told him.

He gave me a smile. "I'm glad....Otherwise, all the winnings and the practice would have been a waste if you didn't skate anymore," he told me. We both laughed. "I know. Now that everything is clear between us, I can skate more with happiness now," I told him.

He gave me a nod.

"Bark." I looked at Makkachin to see that he woke up. "I thought you were asleep," I rubbed his tummy. "Makkachin really loves you." I looked at Victor who was smiling. "He is so cute. It makes me wonder about him crying in front of my door yesterday," I told him.

{That reminds me.} "How did he get out of the apartment?" I asked Victor. He was deep in thought. "Hm...I think he got out when I got out....." {When he got out?} "When did you get out of the apartment?" I asked him.

"Maybe....three pm. I had afternoon practice," he told me. "Three pm! I found Makkachin at 10:30 pm in front of my door. So, he had been out for so long. I'm surprise that nobody saw him," I told him. "Me too," Victor said.

"Makkachin. What were you thinking?" "Bark"

"So you're making costumes for figure skaters?" Victor asked me. I gave him a nod. "Yep. I have been doing it for the past couple years. I would travel and get the measurements. Then, I start the designing and the making. Now that I have graduated from designer school, I can make many styles of costumes," I told him.

"Can you make a set of costumes for me?" he asked me. {Do I have the time?} I gave him a smile. "Of course. Actually, I don't have anything to work on right now since I was focused on moving. You will be my first client in Russia," I told him.

Victor looked very happy. "Great. I'll come by in a few months to get measurements but, come by tomorrow to spend time with you." I gave him a nod.

{I better get my stuff ready.}