Chapter 1: Announcement

"Miranda! Come down stairs I have something to tell you!" I heard my dad yell for me through my headphones. I made my way downstairs to see my dad texting someone, "what did you want to talk about?" I sat down on the couch opposite of him. "Well first don't say anything until I'm finished explaining, okay?" I nodded in agreement. "Well I know that you have been looking for modelling jobs here in Atlanta which is pretty hard because there are not much opportunities well I just got a call from an agent from Victoria Secret and they want you to be a fittings model for this years VS Fashion show-" he explained as my eyes widened with every word that came out of his mouth, "just wait till the end till you ask questions, anyway so I was saying the offices are in Los Angeles and I thought it would be a good idea for you to move out there, since you are turning 21 in 5 months I trust you to live there" he smiled resting his elbows on his knees, "are you serious?!?" A massive grin forming on my face, "yes and if your okay with it you leave tomorrow morning." He smiled again taking off his glasses, "yes of course but where will I be staying?" I asked calming down a bit. "Scooter and I have agreed that you can stay with Justin while our summer house in Malibu is being renovated, which will take about 4 more months" my stomach dropped when he made that announcement, Justin out of all people yeah we were friends when he moved to Atlanta but when he left we just kinda lost contact he had his things to do I had mine. But I KNOW that things would be Awkward between us since it's been like two years since I saw him and now I would be living with him alone for 4 months. "J-Justin's house?" I stuttered my smile dampening, "yeah he agreed to let you stay in his guest bedroom while you're living there" he gave me a comforting smile, "okay." My grin came back just thinking about the huge opportunity I was given by Victorias Secret. "Okay good, but I'm warning you no funny business if anything happens I will break both of your necks" he walked closer and intimidatingly threatened referring to me and Justin hooking up which is not even a possibility I don't think I'll ever see him that way he is just a little cutie to me. "nothing will happen." I bluntly stated as he chuckled at me. "Okay so begin packing your clothes and I'll fly the rest of your stuff over in a few days" he smiled as he looked at his watch, "thank you so much daddy" I gave him a light hug before walking upstairs to pack my things.

Once I got to my room and the door was shut the first thing I did was squeal with my hand over my mouth to stop me from being too loud, then I jumped on my bed just a little bit. I couldn't believe it I have the chance to be viewed by the Victoria's Secret designers and try on their clothing, sure it's not as good as been on the runway but this is the first step there but I pray that I make it further than this. People have always sold me short because I was Usher's daughter so they thought I was only musical or a dancer which I am neither which is why I turned to modelling I guess it's the only thing I'm good at. I got my phone from my desk and sat on a black beanbag to call my best friend and tell her everything.

phone call

"Hello?" Courtney answered,

"Guess what?" I hyper actively asked her

"I don't know just tell me." She lazily groaned,

"Okay so my dad called me down stairs and he told me that I am going to be a fittings model for Victoria secret!" I almost screamed

"What are you serious?!? Oh my god!" She exclaimed in excitement for me.

"I know and I get to move to California!" I continued squealing but I heard her quiet down,

"Y-you're moving?" She stuttered quietly,

"Yeah my dad said that it's best for me to move there for more opportunities." I quiet downed also,

"You can't leave, come on." She tried to convince me to stay but honestly my mind was not changing.

"It wasn't my choice you know how my dad is, and I honestly think it's a good idea." I bluntly stated

"So you are just gonna leave all this behind? What about college?" Courtney integrated me like she was trying to force me to stay.

"Look I'm not leaving forever and I'll be doing online classes." I quietly scoffed slightly getting agitated,

"But-" I sharply cut her off before she could continue.

"There's no turning back now I've made my mind and I leave tomorrow morning." I sternly said trying to get my point through,

"I see. You just wanna go cause bieber lives there now don't you." She said as if she was insulting me,

"Excuse me? I'm just trying to get my career started." Anger was boiling inside if me but I tried my best keeping it down,

"Started? You career started when you where born since your dad is usher!" She yelled with her voice croaking, I didn't know it would hurt her this much.

"I worked for myself and I took the opportunities I got, so focus on yourself and where you're going cause it looks like no where. Now if you would excuse me I have bags to pack." I dissed her and hung up the phone,

what the hell is her problem? Did she really expect me to drop this amazing opportunity just for her sake? This bitch is trippin'.
I finished packing my clothes and some of my jewellery and fell asleep.

________________________________

So what did you guys think? :)

Description

- Miranda Elise Raymond
- she's 20 (birthday on 06/14/92)
- Kayla Phillips (seen with justin a few times, Instagram is @iamkaylaphillips)

WRITTEN BY TABAN

© ROLLER COASTER 2014

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED