chapter 2

Chapter 2: Bittersweet Reunions

! If you haven't read the first installment, THE TERROR TWINS, you might want to go check it out !

"I'm bored." Kayla deadpanned from her spot on the couch.

It had been two hours since they woke up, two hours of atrocious, agonizing boredom.

Kol wasn't faring any better on his side of the sofa, "I'm deeply regretting our decision to find a new hobby that doesn't involve any form of pain."

"Yes, that was a dreadful idea, Olly." His twin agreed wholeheartedly, "We should go out, get acquainted with the town and our potential toys." Her voice held no innocence in that last statement, they were bored out of their mine and that made both of them excessively aggressive and vicious. All in all, you wouldn't want to cross path with a bored Original Twin.

"Well then My Lady, shall we?" Kol offered her his arm, which she happily latched on.

"We shall My Lord." She replied playfully.

The twins strolled on the path in the town square, looking around for anything worth their time. Both of their eyes snapped to the Mystic Grill where teenagers were gathering after school. With a glance to each other they decided to go there and maybe with the help of a bit of alcohol they could figure out an adequate pass-time.

When they went in people stared and whispered, though it was better than the first time around, but could you blame them; this town was boring as Hell. No―Hell would be a lot more interesting than Mystic Falls.

The two Mikaelson made their way to the bar, "Two bourbons, neat." Kol called out to the blonde bartender who gave them a curious glance.

He approached the two Originals, "It's 11am." He told them.

Kol rolled his eyes, "Yes. It is. Now where are our drinks?" He asked the boy.

The teen turned around muttering under his breath about the town being full of drunks, "Here you go." He handed the drinks to his customers, "I haven't seen you guys around, are you new?"

"We were born in this town, but our family left a long time ago. Our siblings came back here recently and we followed shortly after." Kayla decided to bend the truth lightly.

"Your siblings? There hasn't been any newcomers in town lately..." He trailed off.

The twins raised their glasses to their lips, smirking slightly, "Oh I'm sure you know our brother, Klaus, he has always enjoyed drinking away his problems." Kayla said amused, both of them taking notice of how his eyes widened at the name. The two siblings quietly went to sit down in a booth, keeping their attention on the bartender who clearly knew something he shouldn't.

When the boy thought they weren't looking anymore he scrambled into the back, not knowing that the two Originals could still easily hear everything. Their heightened senses picked up on his phone conversation, "Damon?" He asked in a whisper

A familiar voice answered, "What do you want quarterback?"

"My name's Matt." He shot back exasperated, "Look, there are two people here claiming that Klaus is their brother." The boy explained on edge.

"Oh." The vampire on the other end said, his voice filled with realisation, "Are they twins?"

"I don't know! I mean, maybe, they do look alike."

"Brown hair, brown eyes, devilish smirk?" Damon asked sarcastically.

Matt gulped, knowing that this would in no way end well, "Yeah, that's them."