"Do you . . . ," Sirius leaned over to whisper as though he was telling her a secret, "want to go to Hogsmeade?"

     "Right now?" Catherine asked, startled.

     Sirius nodded like a kid.

     "But we have class!"

     Sirius casually reached for a bowl of pudding. "I could tickle you right now instead."

     Catherine stood up instantly, making sure to keep a good distance from Sirius. "I'm going, I'm going."

     Sirius smirked, getting up and following Catherine to the Common Room whilst enjoying his bowl of pudding.

««•»»

     "Where would you like to go to first?" Sirius asked with one hand tucked in the pocket of his jacket as he pointed off with the other. "Dervish and Banges? Madam Puddifoot's? Spintwitches? Or Zonko's?"

     Catherine coughed shyly. "I was hoping we could stop by Honeydukes for more sweets?"

     Sirius chuckled. "Then Honeydukes it is."

     After the pair bought some more sweet treats from Honeydukes, they visited several other shops in Hogsmeade like Zonko's Joke Shop, The Magic Neep where Catherine thought of getting something for her Nana from there, Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop where Sirius bought himself an Auto-Answer Quill, and even Tomes and Scrolls where Catherine's eyes fell on a particular novel she was extremely interested on but had no money to buy it, and she didn't want Sirius to buy it for her as well. She wanted to purchase that book with her money for some odd reason.

     "You should visit the hairdressing salon," Sirius piped up as they strolled passed Dogweed and Deathcap.

     Catherine reached up to take hold of a lock of her hair. "Has my hair gone bad?"

     "No, nothing like that. Reckon you'd probably want to do something new. The girls I dated before in Hogsmeade always made me wait for them in the salon."

     "I'm not your girlfriend, though."

     A pause before Sirius said, "You're right."

     Catherine pursed her lips in thought as her eyes wandered to the salon before turning back to Sirius. "What do you suggest I do to my hair?"

     Sirius was mildly surprised. "You want me to decide that?"

     Catherine shrugged. "Sure."

     Sirius grinned boyishly at her before reaching to grab her hand and pull her to the direction of the salon.

     It was half past four in the afternoon and Sirius was sitting peacefully in a booth in Three Broomsticks with a cup of Butterbeer in his hands. He had left Catherine in the salon an hour ago, telling the best hairdresser to do whatever they thought looked best on Catherine. He told her that he'd be waiting in Three Broomsticks for her once she's finished.

     Sirius sighed softly, taking a sip of his drink as his thoughts wandered to the girl. Despite his best efforts of making her happy today since he knew she was miserable inside, it seemed to be affecting him more than her. Every time he remembers the reason why she's upset, being that of having strong feelings for James Potter, it made Sirius break a little.

     He loved Catherine. He really did. He knew he shouldn't because she's his best mate's girl (though technically they were never really together and they aren't as well now) and it would be wrong to ruin his friendship with Catherine.  And it would be even worse to ruin his friendship with James.