My New Friend

Kaden's pov.

******************
Today's picture day at school and I really don't want to go. Mom gets in a really bad mood and is jumpy and tries to make me look 'perfect' in her words.

Yesterday my friend Jace told me to punch a kid that was teasing me and he promised me that I won't get in trouble. Well he lied! I told the principal that it was Jace but he didn't believe me! Dad eventually picked me up and started shouting at me. I really didn't like it, it wasn't my fault! Jace had me do it!

But of course no one believes me! 'Im just a little kid with a big imagination'
I hate how no one takes me seriously!
They just laugh it off or think I'm being stupid because I'm a seven year old. And it's not fair.

My mom places me in front of our house to get a picture, so she can probably post it on FaceBook. And make it seem like our lives are perfect, just like how all the other moms do. I see the pictures, my friend Thomas kept saying his parents were fighting. Then I saw a post that my mom showed me, it was his family and the post said 'The family is better than ever!'

Lies.

I don't get why women do that!
They compete on who has the 'perfect life' .

We hop into the car and there is just one minute of plain silence.
"....So who is your friend Jace, tell me about him" Ughhh couldn't this just be a day where they are not trying to get something out of me!

At school
**********

I didn't tell my mom much, just that he was a friend of mine who liked reading and playing with people.... When I first came across Jace he had told me that so yeah.

I didn't do much during class just drew on a piece of paper, even though I had addition problems to do. The teacher soon caught on and now I can't go to recess.

Jace is going to get mad at me, that's the only time that me and Jace can go mess with kids and play with them.
Also Jace likes to read with me at recess, it's mostly boring stuff I don't understand. The only reason I put up with it, is because he is one of my only friends, I hate reading but he makes me put up with it.

He usually reads from this big book. I try to tell him to read different books but he never listens. He's obsessed.
Usually in those situations I just stay quiet.

I did the math additions that I had to make up and then started to draw again. The bell rang, and everyone headed for lunch. I slipped through the door and ran for the lunchroom.

I got school lunch, which was a burger with fries. But of course it was cheap, gross food. I picked at my lunch until Jace came over, smoke practically coming out of his ears.

"Why weren't you at recess!?"he shouted at me. No one really noticed that he shouted it was already loud, so he continued yelling at me.

"Fu.....little...shi..." I heard him mumble a few broken up curse words about me but I ignored it. Jace wasn't exactly someone you messed with. And was very mature for our age. My parents always said I was mature for my age, but they haven't met Jace yet.

I ignored him and ate my lunch until he said sorry. After he apologized we started talking again and he would ask questions about my family.

"Soooo..... what are you're parent's names?"

".....Emily and Jasper.....why are you asking?"

"Oh, just wondering." There was a pause. "Do they talk about their childhood at all?"

"Um....no not really, may I ask again. Why are you asking?"

"I'm just thinking about random stuff"

•••••••••••••••••

Hey peeeps thanks for 100 reads. Also sorry AGAIN this is just a filler, it's short. But I promise I'll make next chapter twice as long!
Also my sleep schedule is so messed up😂. Also my update schedule will be every other day!

Question of the day:
Who is your favorite author?

Have a nice day guys!💚