Day 4.5 Misunderstanding - THE WORLD IS A COLD...SHADOWS h_coyle

A hush fell on the room, it may not have been the most opportune moment but Heather hated the silence. There was too much of it now. "Dracula was misunderstood," She blurted out. "I mean the book just as much as the character. It really was a romance. So much the same for a lot of those gothic pieces." She looked around hoping she still had their attention. "This story, may not be a classic but it there are definitely misunderstandings at play..." I took a deep breath and continued...

THE WORLD IS A COLD DARK PLACE CAST IN SHADOWS

By @h_coyle

The spiced aroma of Pimm filled the air. The treat blushed cheeks as they moved about the room, draping themselves across one another. They moved about the dance, their skirts full blooms floating above the floor never touching. Movements ticked in unison.

"Is it not grand?" Her voice a soft honey flitting through the air falling softly on his ears

"Is it not grand?" Her voice a soft honey flitting through the air falling softly on his ears. Aster highlighted in the crowd that surrounded them. Her lilac gown caressed her nearly translucent skin.

"The galliard? The candles? The drink?" Harding let the dark liquid swirl across the rim of his glass before lifting it to his lips. He leaned back allowing the wall to catch him. Harding did nothing to hide his cursory exam of the young woman. Her eyes never straying from all that beheld her.

"All of it!" She exclaimed smiling, "an elegance for the souls."

"It is my first ball," She bowed her head, blushing as she averted her iris eyes. Blond curls fell forward, hiding her face from view.

Harding let a smirk tug at his lips. Next to him she seemed minute in comparison. It was hardly a difficult feat considering he stood a head taller than most men he encountered.

"Gentleman do not mock." Her lashes fanned over her eyes as she pulled her arms tight over her body in a protective manner. The act left him feeling vulnerable as if he were a wolf to shy from.

"This one does, but only a little. Trust me, when you have been to as many parties as I, they lose their luster." Harding reached out to grab another glass from a passing servant, in doing so he took note of a young man that appeared to have interest, in their conversation.

He stood across the room trying to be inconspicuous, his blue eyes steeled with that of jealousy and concern. His perfectly square jaw tightened as Harding offered him a brandished wave.

 His perfectly square jaw tightened as Harding offered him a brandished wave