Chapter 3: Invitation

Asuna's POV

After a night spent in a nearby inn, I had more  or less recovered from my injuries. I was once again, ready to explore  the place and travel to the next village.

As I  walked through the streets, wanting to head out, I heard a scream from  the next street, and I ran there rather instinctively. I saw that the same red  haired princess was being cornered by a few guards, and I couldn't help  but feel extremely pissed at how they were picking on an unarmed girl.

"Hey!" I shouted at them without thinking. "Go and pick on someone on your own size, cowards!"

They  turned their heads to look at me. Without further hesitation, I drew my  sword to get ready for battle with these three cowards.

"It's you!" Princess Yona shouted at me, and I nodded my head at her, making a short instance of eye contact.

Shouting  a few battle cries, I ran forward and swung my sword at the  guards, and within a few techniques used, the guards finally fell flat  onto the ground.

"Princess Yona, are you okay?" I looked to my side, where the petite red haired girl was looking at me with awe.

"Hm? Oh yeah, thank you very much." She smiled at me, and I was slightly enchanted by her eyes. Then she paused and her eyes widened momentarily.

"Huh? How did you... know I was..."

I scratched the back of my head.

"Well, I kinda knew from Kija... and yesterday."

"Oh," She responded rather absent-mindedly.  "Ah - I heard from Hak that you wanted to recover yourself. How are your  injuries?"

She looked at me up and down, looking at whatever observable  injuries I had.

"I'm perfectly okay, don't worry princess."

"Oh!"  Another voice shouted from our backs. We turned around to see Kija,  Hak, and one more other guy which I had not met.

"It's you, Asuna!" Kija ran forward towards me. I smiled slightly, seeing how happy he was to see me. "How are your injuries?"

"I'm  perfectly okay." I replied. "See, I had those guys who were harassing  Princess Yona down with just a few swings here and there."

"Meh.  I could have them down in one... wait, what?!" Hak ran over to Princess  Yona. "Princess, you... why didn't you call for my help!?"

"You were busy, Hak..." She muttered, looking down.

"Ugh,  if Asuna wasn't here, who knows what they would have done to you!  Please, promise me you'll call whenever you need help, okay?" Hak held  his head in frustration. I tilted my head in curiosity at the scene, and  I was particularly interested in their relationship.

"Asuna?" Princess Yona turned to look at me, and then our eyes locked once again.

I forced a smile into my fixed gaze at her.

"I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier, Princess Yona. My name is Asuna, and I travel alone." I bowed slightly at her.

"Why are you traveling alone?" The boy which I have not seen before popped in. "Ah, I'm Yun, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Yun." I responded. "And yes..."

"I  have always been, I guess. Ever since... Ever since I ran away." I looked  up into the skies. "When was it? I forgot... Maybe... 10 years ago?"

"That's  really long. It's no wonder you could so skilfully take down those  guards and treat your own wounds." Princess Yona replied.

"Yeah..." I muttered, and looked back down. I sighed heavily. "Well then, I guess... it's time for me to go."