Black Or White?

Black or White

“Torhu-Chan, please, buy me that cow!” A girl with extremely long blue hair that went a little past her knees said pointing to a pen of black and white cows. The girl had a smile on her face as she stood on the railing. She was a girl of average height for an American 5’5”. She moved here to live with her father it was the best thing that could have happened to her, because she met her best friend Torhu.

“What cow you want a black or white cow?” Torhu asked looking at her new friend who was always happy and a little bit strange. Her favorite animal was a cow. Whose favorite animal was a cow? Torhu never said anything about her friend Ushi’s obsession with cows even though it was strange.

“It doesn’t matter if it’s black or white! I just want a cow!” Ushi says leaning further into the pen with her hand out stretched. “Here cow, please, come here.”

Ushi almost fell when she heard somebody laughing. Luckily she caught her balance and turned around to glare at an orange haired boy behind her. She jumped down walking over to the guy who now had a smirk on his face. She stuck her tongue out at him quickly before jumping behind Torhu.

“Come on Torhu and Ushi, the guys will be at the house any time and you are standing here at a petting zoo.” The man said making Ushi frown. She wanted to stay here and look at the cows some more, and possibly steal one. Torhu agreed with the man and the started to walk away leaving Ushi standing by the fence.

“Bye cows.” Ushi said waving at them and hurrying to catch up with her friends who were about 10 yards in front of her now. She was laughing when she finally reached them. “Kyo why do I have to go with you guys? Can I just stay with the cows?”

“There will be a stupid cow when we get to the house.” Kyo muttered under his breath forgetting that Ushi didn’t know about the curse on the Sohma family. Torhu look at Kyo shocked that he would say such thing in front of Ushi. Ushi was oblivious to the look on Torhu’s face she was too caught up in what Kyo said, ‘There will be a cow at the house’.

Smiling Ushi grabbed her friends’ hands and started pulling them down the road towards Shigure’s house. She wanted to see this cow. When they reached Shigure’s house she let go of Torhu’s and Kyo’s hands. “Shigure, Where’s the cow? Kyo said there was going to be a cow here!”

Ushi stops in the middle of the room to see three people, who she didn’t know, and Yuki staring at her. She laughed nervously and bowed saying sorry. Kyo walked in hitting her upside the head making her glare at him. “Kyo, show me the cow! You said there was a cow here, now show me!”

“Kyo, you told Dear Ushi that there was a cow here? How could you get such a sweet girls hopes up?” Shigure said acting dramatically while walking to Ushi’s side. “Ushi Dear Kyo lied there is no cow here for you.”

Ushi glared at Kyo as she lunged for him. Kyo dodge Ushi making her fall into a man sitting at the table. Once she fell on the man there was a puff of smoke. Ushi looked around confused for the man who was no longer there, but in his place was a Sea horse.

“Torhu, get some water we can’t let him die! WaitSea horses live in the ocean; make it salt water and fast!” Ushi screamed picking up the animal rushing into the kitchen. She looked around the kitchen looking for salt. There was a poof of smoke and the man was standing in front of her. “So cool, I want to do that!”

“Hatori please get some clothes on so we can make proper interdictions.” Yuki said walking into the kitchen pulling the now ranting Ushi out of the room, throwing Hatori’s clothes to him before they left the room. When Yuki made Ushi sit down in the chair she was still rambling on about wanting to turn into an animal.