Hyerin pretended not to see it and continued to gobble down her food, startled after a couple of minutes when Sehun lightly pulled the ends of her hair.

“What?” she asked.

“Your hair is ridiculously long now, Hyerin. It looks gross,” Sehun scoffed, seemingly normal again. “Don’t you plan on cutting it?”

“Hell no! I kind of like it,” she said, pouting as she inspected the ends of her hair.

“You look so basic. You look like one of those countryside girls who don’t know how to use a cellphone.”

“Hey!” She punched the boy on the shoulder. “That’s not nice!”

“Well I’ll be nicer if you get a haircut because you need it. Badly.”

“Do you see any hair salons around you? Do you?”

“No,” Sehun chuckled, “but we’ll look for one.”

---

Back in the apartment, the other boys were doing their own thing. Luhan was busy making dinner while Baekhyun sat on the kitchen table, polishing their guns and weapons. Tao was benching weights at the living room transformed into a home gym while Kris spotted for him.

“So I heard Gwangju’s the home of the best artists in South Korea,” Kris remarked after Tao’s last set on the bench press. “Maybe this is where you belong, Baek.”

Baekhyun looked up from polishing the weapons to nod at Kris. “That’s right. There’s this thing called Art Street near downtown spanning at least three blocks full of artists and their works in galleries. It’s pretty cool.”

“Yeah, I heard from our neighbors,” Tao said, stepping in front of the mirror to check himself out. He gained back his normal weight but needed to work on his muscles. “We should go check out those galleries when we have the time. You up for it, Baek?”

Baekhyun smiled as he assembled his gun. “Yeah, for real.”

The front door opened, revealing Sehun and Hyerin with several bags in hand and completely new hairstyles.

“Woah, what the hell is this?” Tao laughed, approaching the two to help them with the bags. “Extreme Makeover: Gwangju Edition?”

“That’s right!” Sehun exclaimed, dropping the bags and skipping towards the T.V. to turn it on. “How does it look?”

Sehun turned on his heels and showcased his new hair. Instead of his soft, light brown hair, he had platinum locks neatly styled and parted in the middle, the sides of his head shaved and dyed black.

“You look weird,” Tao laughed, wiping his sweaty face with a towel.

“And of course, look at Hyerin!” Sehun exclaimed, pulling the girl to show everybody her new hairstyle. “Isn’t it so nice!?”

Hyerin shrugged, smiling. “I like it.” Her once long, black hair was now cut short above her shoulders, a long side-swept fringe framing her face nicely.

Luhan stepped in front of her and inspected her hair. “I like it too,” he mused, smiling. “You look more mature.”

“It’s really pretty,” Kris agreed, giving her thumbs up.

Hyerin turned to Sehun and smiled. “I guess that decision to go to the hair salon wasn’t such a bad idea.”

Sehun winked at her. “I told you.”

Hyerin nudged him with her shoulder before leaning down to pick up a plastic bag. “Here, Luhan,” she handed the bag over to him, “that’s the stuff you asked us to get from the market.”