Chapter 1:Evelyn Scrooge

Chapter 1: Evelyn Scrooge
Once upon a time, in a small town in California, a girl named Evelyn Scrooge.

I got the name from my great great grandfather who was named Ebenezer Scrooge, and he got his name from his great great grandfather

I got the name from my great great grandfather who was named Ebenezer Scrooge, and he got his name from his great great grandfather. Well, I grew to dislike Christmas because my family would go all out every single year and every Christmas morning they'd wake up early in the morning to attend church, which I hated. I would often skip school and stay in my room at Christmas not even coming out, or I'd be with friends.

“Evelyn sweetie, please come down and spend time with us as a family” my mom called from the living room.
I just put on my headphones and began listening to music, laid down on my bed. After a few hours, i took my headphones off just in time to notice pebble being thrown at my window. I opened my window and looked down to see my boyfriend, Julian Tomas smiling up at me.

“Hey come outside” yelled Julian“Maybe” i smirked at him“Babe come on it's cold” Julian shivered“Fine, come up but be quiet” I said as I rolled my eyes

“Maybe” i smirked at him
“Babe come on it's cold” Julian shivered
“Fine, come up but be quiet” I said as I rolled my eyes

Julian climbed up the fire escape, up to my window, and kissed me
"Man you need to introduce me to your mom so I can come in the front door" Julian said out of breathe.
I kissed him and said "Idiot, mum doesn't approve of me dating, remember?"
"Well yeah but we've been dating a year"
"I know and it's been the best babe"
Julian smiled and kissed me again, then laid down on my bed.

"So whatcha doing for Xmas?"
"I don't know, maybe hanging with friends”
"You could spend it with me and my family"
"Nah, I'm not into the whole Christmas thing"
"Oh----well I just thought it'd be a good idea babe, you know, like what couples do"
"Julian,you're 19 and I'm 17 I doubt my parents would approve, plus haven't you gone to jail?"
"No, it was juvie and who cares? You're my girlfriend."
"Julian, I just don't celebrate Christmas, I'm sorry"
"Whatever Evelyn. I have to go. Call me when you actually want a boyfriend."
"Julian, don't go!"

Julian opened the window and made the long trip down the fire escape and soon was out of view.