Chapter 20: The Celebratory Outing

Start from the beginning

Patty led us to a booth, placed are menus onto the table, and walked away. Ethan then stepped in front of me and helped me get into the booth.

Like what the hell is going on? Why is this guy acting like a gentleman?

He then sat across from me and smiled at me. Again, I looked at him weirdly because he was acting strange.

I shrugged it off and picked up the menu from the table. Instantly, my mouth started watering at all the choices I had. I wouldn't be surprised if I was put into a food coma after I was done here.

"See anything you like?" Ethan asked me curiously.

I forgot he was here to be honest because I was so distracted with all the food.

I looked at him confused and thought that he was trying another pick up line on me or something but he was genuinely asking me what I wanted to eat. Oops.

"Oh, um yeah. I want almost everything on here. But since that's impossible I'll have the chicken and waffles and an Oreo milkshake." I told him.

After those words left my mouth he said, "If you want you can get everything! Get everything you want. I don't care. It's on me." He rushes out. Alright, why was he acting like a nervous guy on a date with a girl who he really likes and wants to impress?

"Um no. It's fine. I'm happy with one meal." I told him, still unsure of what was going on.

The waiter then arrived and interrupted our weird conversation. "I'm Betty and I'll be taking your order today. What can I get you guys?" Betty was a short elderly lady who was oh so adorable.

"I'd like a cheeseburger with a chocolate milkshake." Ethan told Betty. I was about to tell her my order but Ethan interrupted me. "And my girl would like the chicken and waffles and an Oreo milkshake." He grinned up at Betty. What the hell?

Why does he keep saying that I'm his girl? What is going on?

"Aw! You kids are so adorable! I love seeing young people in love! It's such a rare sight to see now that teenagers these days are so obsessed with using their phones!" She shook her head. "Anyways, I'll get these ready for you guys!" She then walked away into the kitchen.

I looked at Ethan and asked him straight up, "What is going on?"

"What do you mean?" He looked at me with a lost expression.

"Oh I don't know why are you acting so weird today? I mean you're acting like this gentleman and you're calling me your girl  when clearly I'm not." I told him.

"You are my girl." He emphasized the my and I have to say that was hot as fuck. He was giving me that look that warned me not to argue with him. I just looked at him weirdly again because I didn't know what to say. "So how does it feel to have won your first volleyball game?"

Instantly, I perked up with the mention of volleyball. "It felt amazing! Still does actually." I beamed up at him.

He smiled up at me. "That's good to hear. You're really good, you know?" He looks at me with admiration and I felt myself blushing. I hate him.

"T-thanks I mean I'm not that good." I mumbled shyly. Why must I be like this? Why can't I be a confident girl who takes compliments from other people just like that?

Before he can say anything, Betty comes back with our order. "Here you go guys! Enjoy your meal!" She beams at us and walks away.

I mumbled a finally  and dug into my delicious mouth-watering food. Ethan was still looking at me and he chuckled before taking a bite out of his burger.