Chapter 5

Hey lovelies, I miss you guys!! It's been awhile since i last updated, i know. It's my fault, my own laziness, so don't be too mad at me :D... So here's what you've been waiting for :D.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Recap of chapter 4.

What was he doing here? He saw me, why was he here? I started to freak out, and ran through the crowd away from him. I can't believe I was so careless, how could I not realize he followed me. Someone grabbed my hand and pulled me towards them.

"Let me go, Nicolai...." I yelled not wanting to face him

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nicolai's POV

I pulled her along with me, not stopping until we reached her home. The silence was painful. I decided to break the silence.

"Are you ok?" I said seeing the bruises she has.

"Yea, this is nothing." She shrugged. "Aren't you angry?" her eyes mirroring her confusion.

"No, you have your reasons, I won't judge. Nor would I tell anyone." I said, she visibly relaxed.

"Thanks." She smiled, and then kissed me on the cheek. Then left for her room.

When she was out of sight, I turned and walked into the forest.

"Good you're finally here." James said and the others turned to look at me.

"She didn't suspect anything?" Lyca asked.

"No... so what is this meeting about?" I asked, tired from all the patrolling in the past few nights. Genesis suddenly boosted security in every sector without explanation.

"We have important matters to discuss," James looked at each of us for our undivided attention, "Firstly, there's been reports of agents being killed off, and their emblem cut from their body. Also, the biopsy reports show that their ocular sensors are damaged beyond repair, before death. And the cause of death is always made from some sort of blade, leaving us to believe that this is done by some unknown organization."

"How are we sure Nexus isn't behind this?" Antoine spoke up.

"That was a possibility, but they do not take our insignia from bodies, they usually just burn theirs to show their big egos." He sighed, " And they are more brutal, they would mutilate the bodies for they know of our necromancers." Antoine nodded taking in this bit of information.

"Is this why security was heightened?" Lyca asked.

"Yes, and frankly this is just depleting our resources, if the Nexus attacks we'll most likely be slaughtered." He said frustrated, " But it seems that they are busy planning something, which brings me to the real reason I am here."

"Catherina." I stated, all eyes turned on me.

"Yes, from your reports it seems she has finally begun to awaken, or re-awaken."

"Re-awaken?" Max asked looking really confused.

"Yes re-awakened." James eyes shown with sadness, "She had awakened once, but we sealed her powers away, afraid of how strong she was, 6 years ago."