Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

"I'm going to end up hurting him somehow," I said slamming my locker shut. It was finally the end of the day and school had been out for about ten minutes now and I was taking my own sweet time making my way outside. I was moving like a snail and perfectly okay with it. The more time I killed now, the less I had to spend with Damon. After his stunt at lunch, I was less than enthused to spend my afternoon with him and his triple ego.

"Just get it over with and you'll be fine. I know what he did at lunch was stupid," Jerek said grabbing books from his locker as I leaned up against the one next to his.

"I couldn't believe him. I actually thought you were going to kick his ass, honest to God," Maddie said while grabbing for Jerek's hand and entwining their fingers as he shut his locker.

"I was this close to it,I kid you not." I laughed holding up my fingers so they could see what little space was in-between them. I groaned as we slowly trudged our way through the halls to the front of the school, "He is going to fight everything I suggest for this dumb project. I knew I hated math I just didn't know I would hate it as much when it involved a particular boy."

"Well I bet if you made a deal with him he would do whatever you say," Jerek spoke up from the right side of Maddie.

"Oh yeah, like what kind of a deal?" I asked him curiously.

"Bargain you'd sleep with him and I am sure he would do anything," Jerek said laughing slightly until Maddie smacked his arm.

"Not funny Jerek," Maddie said, "This is a time of crisis! Not a 'Let's joke about sex' moment!" I just sighed as we headed out to the parking lot.

We pushed through the doors and the familiar smell of Autumn whipped around my face cooly. The weather was chillier now as we entered the month of October. The once vibrant green leaves on the trees were all starting to turn various shades of oranges, reds, and yellows. The fall had always been my favorite season in California. The days always started getting shorter, but the weather never got colder. Granted there were chilly nights, but it was nothing compared to the colder nights we have had lately. I miss the days in late October being able to go walk on the beach with out a jacket or anything on my arms.

My train of thought was broken, "Took you long enough to get out here," I heard the voice of annoyance say to me, "I thought for a second you might be stalling".

I looked up at Damon who was leaning on the bumper of my car smirking at me, "Must you touch my jeep?" I asked trying not to gaze at his fore arms muscles.

"Later Kam, good luck," Jerek and Maddie hollered as they walked away hand in hand towards Jerek's car.

"Remember the bargain!" Jerek yelled over his shoulder.

"What bargain?" Damon quirked his eyebrow at me.

"Wouldn't you like to know, come on block head get in the car," I groaned at him as I hopped up into my seat.

"I don't think the name calling is necessary. It kind of hurts my feelings you know," He said pretending to be butt hurt about my comment, but from the corner of my eye I could see the corner of his mouth hitch up into the sexy smirk he always gave me.

"No, they are necessary. After your little stunt you pulled at lunch, you are lucky I am not making you walk alongside the car while I drive," I said reaching for my sunglasses.

"Yikes! Aren't we feeling a bit feisty this afternoon?" He asked making cat claws with his hands.

"Excuse me, is any of this funny to you?" I said to him as I pulled out of the schools parking lot.