Chapter Fifteen

Author's Note: Hey ya'll! First off I would like to apologize for how long this took, but my life has been crazy! I moved, a family member has cancer, i'm working my tail off to pay bills, and after all that I'm just straight up exhausted! But fear no more here is the next chapter. Long over due and I hope it's everything you waited for! Again i'm sorry I suck, please don't hate me! Love ya long time readers you guys rock! Enjoy :) 

Kileyyyy

"So who told you I like smoothies?" I asked Dallas as we made our way to the smoothie hut near the boardwalk. 

"If I tell you then I would have to kill you." He laughed a low rumble from the front seat as he grinned in my direction. 

"Oh come on, you have to tell me! This means someone knows me well enough to know that I love my smoothies." I laughed as I turned the steering wheel to the left. 

"I just heard it along the Grapevine." 

"Alright, I guess that is fair enough." I pulled into the closest parking spot we could get since the Smoothie Hut was packed with the after school crowd, "So did this birdie tell you my favorite flavor?" 

"No, no they didn't mention that." He smiled at me before exiting the car.

"They need to step up their game then." I joked and he laced his fingers in between mine as we walked down the sidewalk. 

Dallas squeezed my fingers, "You crack me up Kamryn McGee." 

Right i'm a real hoot, I scoffed to myself. We walked inside the Smoothie Hut and the line was long enough that it began right in front of the entry way to the door. 

"Wow, it's busy in here today." I said loudly over the rumble of the crowd inside. 

"Trust me we won't have to wait in line." He smiled and grasped my hand yanking me along behind him. We sauntered to the front of the line where the young boy working the cash register looked up as we approached him. 

"Dallas my main man!" He squeaked out, he had to have been about fifteen and going through puberty just based on his voice. 

"I'm good buddy, busy today aren't you?" 

"Hell yeah man, always are after school, but no line for you and your pretty girl," He adjusted the Hawaiian print visor on his head nervously, "Kamryn McGee right? I've heard quit a bit about you since you started school here."  Before I could respond to him Dallas cut me off.

"Thanks buddy, we appreciate it." I could hear the people behind us in line groaning about us skipping the line and I could feel their eyes glaring like daggers in my back. 

"Dallas we can really wait, it's not a big deal." I tugged on his hand trying to move him back to the end of the line so there wasn't a mob of pissed off people ready to crush my smoothie. 

"I'm not about to wait in line just for a smoothie." He said before turning back to the young boy behind the counter, "Alright man, I'll take a large strawberry banana and Kam?"

"Small kiwi mango please." 

"No problem guys coming up." 

"Aren't you going to pay Dallas?" I asked as he began to walk away heading towards a high top table where two kids where sitting, but had moved when they saw Dallas coming in their direction. 

"It's on the house today." He winked. A skipped line and smoothies on the house was a little too much for me. 

"Oh I gotcha." 

"Is that alright?" He asked squeezing my hand. 

"Yeah that is fine, I just didn't mind waiting or anything like that." I didn't mind waiting at all. Patience is a virtue and that was  something Dallas obviously didn't have.