Chapter One

Alex’s POV

Hey there my name is Alex Emerson and I am from Phoenix, Arizona I am 22 years old and right know my mom and my two younger brothers Michael and Sam have just moved to Santa Cruz and we’re heading to grandpa’s house where we’ll be living until we’re able to buy a house of our own. I know what you’re thinking your 22 and you live with your mom and your bothers well the reason why is because I was going to college full time and I had a part time job but even with the job I was not able to afford an apartment let alone a house so mom let me live with them. But I had to drop out of college because my parents got a divorce and so I decided to take a break from all of that and focus on my family. We finally got to grandpa’s house we all get out of the car and head up to the house and we see grandpa on laying on his back on the deck mom goes to see if he’s okay. Michael askes mom “is he dead”? Mom says to us no he’s just a deep sleeper, and of course Sammy says” if he’s dead can we move back to phoenix”! than all the sudden grandpa lifts his head up and says the way it sounds I’m doing a damn good job at it too haha! So, after that we all unpack and me, Michael and Sam are hanging out in the living room and mom walks in and say you guys want to go to the boardwalk and get a feel of this place while I look for a job? Michael and Sam said yes immediately, mom looks at me for my answer and I said sure that sounds great. Little did I know after tonight my life would change forever.