Chapter 5

Good. You finally went on to the next chapter. Hope you enjoy this one, it's as messed up as all the other chapters in this book.

~*~*~*~*~*

Three days have passed since Leafsong found out that she was the chosen warrior; she still couldn't believe it.  Since the StarClan cats told her that great danger would come to her and her kin, Leafsong has been wondering who were father was.  She had never seen her father before, unless she didn't realize it.

"Goldenfur!" called Leafsong.  "Do you want to go hunting with me?"

Goldenfur stared down at Leafsong's wound.  "Are you sure you can?"

"Yes, Goldenfur," meowed Leafsong.  "I'm fine!  Now, come on."

As the two she-cats headed for the thorn tunnel, Goldenfur asked, "Where shall we hunt?"

Leafsong thought for a moment.  "How about by the WindClan border?  I feel like chasing some rabbits."

On the way to the border, Leafsong hesitantly said, "Goldenfur?"

"Yes, Leafsong?"

Leafsong took a deep breath and said slowly, "Do you know who my father is?"

Goldenfur stopped in her tracks and turned to face Leafsong.  "Yes, I do."  She paused for a couple of heartbeats before continuing. "Your father is Whitefang of RiverClan."

Leafsong stared at her.  "You fell in love with a RiverClan cat?"

Goldenfur nodded.  "You know, Leafsong, many cats fall in love with others in a different Clan."

Was that regret Leafsong saw in her eyes?  "You know, don't you?"

Goldenfur replied, "I do, chosen warrior."  Leafsong and her mother stared at each other for a while.  "Come on, those rabbits aren't going to get caught by themselves."

Goldenfur and Leafsong set off for the WindClan border once again.  Her father was a RiverClan warrior.  She was half RiverClan!

Snapping out of her thoughts she told Goldenfur to hunt towards the lake.  When she was gone, Leafsong tasted the air.  Rabbit; just what she was looking for.

Leafsong soon spotted the creature in a small clearing eating grass.  She went into the hunter's crouch, getting low until the grass brushed her belly.  Leafsong soon got close enough to pounce, killing the rabbit in a bite in its spine.  She buried it, covering it with earth to come back for it later.

Leafsong caught another rabbit and two mice.  Worn out by hunting, Leafsong went towards the lake in search of her mother.

"Goldenfur!  Goldenfur, where are you?  Golden—" Leafsong froze as she saw a golden pelt, laying in a puddle of blood.  Leafsong raced forward.

A big, deep scratch was on Goldenfur's neck, blood pouring out and staining her fur.  Leafsong sniffed the wound.  It reeked of blood, but also smelled of WindClan.

Leafsong gasped.  Why would WindClan kill a cat?  None of the Clans should kill others—it's against the warrior code!

Spottedleaf's words echoed in Leafsong's head: Great danger will come to you and your kin.  The danger had begun.