Chapter 3

So in this chapter, something pretty important happens. It sets of the whole series YAY! Enjoy.

~*~*~*~*~*

Leafsong froze in terror.  The fox looked mighty hungry.  Is this the fox Squirrelflight and I chased out?  Leafsong thought to herself.  And who would tell me to go here?  Leafsong thought about the strange voice that led her here.  Certainly it wasn’t a StarClan, her ancestors?

While Leafsong was lost in her thoughts, the fox snarled and lunged for her.  A heartbeat before the fox could bite her, Leafsong dodged the attack and leaped onto the fox’s back, digging her claws in and biting its neck until she tasted blood in her mouth.

Getting shook off by the fox, Leafsong slammed into the wall of the nest, laying there panting.  The fox scratched Leafsong on her side, blood pouring out.  Leafsong yowled in pain.  Terror and ferocity made Leafsong get back up and slash the fox’s muzzle with both forepaws, causing it to fall onto its back.  Leafsong took the chance to jump on the fox, scraping its belly with her back claws.  The fox yowled and struggled to get up.  Leafsong scratched both of its eyes before getting off.  Still yowling, the fox took off running down the wooden hill and out the nest, heading for ShadowClan territory.

Exhausted, Leafsong curled up in a corner and soon fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*

Leafsong woke up by the stream that marked the WindClan and ThunderClan border.  The moon and stars shone overhead.  The night was peaceful.  The only noise Leafsong could hear was the gurgling of the stream, until a cat out of sight spoke.

“Leafsong, follow the stream to the lake.  We need to tell you something,” the cat spoke.

Leafsong followed the stream, the wounds from the fox forgotten.  When Leafsong got to the lake, she saw three cats, all with stars on their paws and the tip of their fur.  Leafsong knew exactly where they were from.  StarClan cats!

“Welcome, Leafsong,” a tortoiseshell she-cat meowed.  “We’ve been waiting for you.”

“Who are you?” asked Leafsong.

A blue-gray she-cat spoke.  “I am the former leader of ThunderClan, before Firestar, Bluestar.  And this,” Bluestar motioned her tail to the tortoiseshell.  “This is Spottedleaf, the former medicine cat.”

“Nice to meet you, Leafsong,” Spottedleaf meowed, dipping her head.

“And I am Whitestorm.”

Leafsong turned to face the massive white tom. “It’s an honor to meet you—all of you!”  Leafsong bowed her head politely.  “Why have you called me here?”

 “It’s time for you to know,” Spottedleaf began.  “Great danger is coming to you and your kin.”

Leafsong’s green eyes grew wide.  “What kind of danger?  Why is it just me and my kin?”

The StarClan cats exchanged a glance with each other.  After a heartbeat or two, all the cats said the same thing together, “You are the Chosen Warrior, Leafsong.”

Leafsong’s eyes grew wider and stared at the StarClan cats.  “What?” she meowed surprisingly.  “How is it me?  Out of all the cats in the forest, I’m the Chosen One?” Leafsong had a million questions to ask the StarClan cats.

“It’s time for you to go, Leafsong,” meowed Whitestorm.

“Now?  But I have all these questions!”  Leafstar protested.

“You will solve them on your own,” Bluestar told her.

The StarClan cats were starting to fade.  “But what will cause the danger?” Leafsong yowled in panic, fear stabbing her like a claw.

Spottedleaf answered, “You will find out.  Until then, keep your eyes open.”  After a quick pause, Spottedleaf continued.  “Remember, Leafsong, StarClan is always with you.”

The StarClan cats disappeared.  Leafsong was alone, desperate to know who will cause the danger.

~*~*~*~*~*

So, if you made it this far, who do you think is the danger? It's not really clear throughout the story. In fact, he only shows up for one glance until the fight. This is me 2 years ago, and now I'm write 13, 14, and 18 paged chapters WHOO!

Next Chapter....