Chapter 23

*** Gabriela's POV ***

I stood in front of the school entrance. I was waiting for Carlos. He promised of giving me a ride to the hospital during his break time. It was his way of apologizing for the mess he put me through. Apology accepted though. I knew he was just being nice. It took a real man to accept the fatherhood of a child that is not his; especially when he's not in any committed relationship with the mother. Truth be told, it would've been better if he kept his mouth shut. He put me in a situation where I had to choose between the father of my future son and the friend who been there since day one of the pregnancy.

-" Gabriela!!! I've been looking for you everywhere." I jumped from my thought by the loud voice of Sasha screaming meanwhile walking at a fast pace in my direction. I saw anger in her face. Charlie was running behind her; trying to catch up. I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble always finds me. What in hell was that girl's problem?

-" What's the matter Sasha?" I asked, when she was finally standing in front of me.

-" That question belongs to you. What the f*ck is wrong with you? Jeffrey told me some sh*t about you being pregnant for another guy. What the hell? Tell me my ears are having some problems." The girl was literally screaming. I looked everywhere to see if someone was starring. Yes! A couple of students at the bus stop were actually giggling. Where the hell was Carlos? I needed to get out of that place before something silly happens.

-" Last time I checked, this whole situation is none of your business. It's between your brother and I. Therefore, quit screaming because I have no explanation whatsoever to give to you." I said, wrapping my arms on top of my belly.

-" Oh really? You did tell me quite everything when you were homeless. Didn't-you? You're so ungrateful! I gave you somewhere to sleep. I shared my clothes with you. I fed you. I introduced you to my brother. You used him." Sasha started. I was really started to feel bad... Physically. Charlie interrupted Sasha.

-" Sasha, don't get into it. She's pregnant. You cannot be talking to..." Sasha put a hand in front of Charlie's face. How rude! She continued the speech on how she helped me: " Your gold-digger ass made him pay for your infertility treatment just to get pregnant for another dude. Of course you been cheating on Cash with him. You're worst than Naomi. You're a nasty whore. I promise you that I'm personally going to make of your life a living hell." At that same time, I heard the honks of a car. It was Carlos's. What a relief! I walked away from the girls to the car.

-" Yes. Walk away. You better. You'll pay, Gabriela Soto. Karma is a bigger bitch than you." Sasha screamed. When I finally was in the car, I looked back at them. Charlie looked sad. Sasha's face impression was priceless.

~~~~~

-" You sure you wanna do this? I mean, his sister didn't change your mind?" Carlos asked. I shook my head.

-" I took that decision a couple of days before; nothing can make me change my mind." I said, and opened the door of the car.

-" Wait!" He stopped me by touching my shoulder. I turned my head to look at him. " Call me when you're done. I'll come get you." He offered.

-" Thank you but I'll manage." I said. I leaned forward and let out a kiss on his cheek before carefully get out of that white Volkswagen Jetta car. I waved goodbye before walking in the hospital. He was still holding the side of his cheek that I kissed. Silly boy. I laughed into myself. If Sasha didn't ruin my day, I would've been having a bigger smile on my face. I thought she was my friend. I've never thought one day she would have turned into an enemy. The words she said to me hurt more than it would've if slapped me. But, I refused to cry. I refused to waste my tears on anyone who never really appreciated me.