Chapter 7 ( Part 2 )

*** Cashmere's POV ***

I drove at Charlie's place after I was done with my classes, so we could discuss what happened yesterday morning. I really needed to put that mystery to rest. I took a deep breath before hopping out of the car. Charlie didn't even give me the chance to knock because she was already waiting for me at the door with a big smile on her face.

-" Babyyy!!!" She said with her manly voice. That was one of the things she had to fix. Charlie opened her arms out for a hug.

-" I ain't here for all that. I just want to know what happened last night." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Someone who knows me well could tell that I was trying hard to be nice to him... Her... Whatever!

-" You wanna come inside so we can have a drink?" Charlie asked, playing with her Brazilian hair seductively. But the good thing is that none of that could seduce a straight nigga like me.

-" That's the last thing I would want to do, Charlie." I said.

-" Babe, what about a massage? You look like you need to relax a little from all this bad energy." This dude got to be kidding me. I could tell him what I needed.

-" You're right. I do need a massage from a real ass woman. But do you know what you need in reality?" My tone was changing. Charlie shook her head. " You need to tell me what in the world happened last night before I lose my swag on you." I was half way from screaming my lungs out.

-" Nothing happened. Well... if that jealous nigga did not call me, you never know if I wouldn't be pregnant by now." As much as I wasn't happy with the whole situation, I had to laugh at his comment. Say what???

-" Nothing happened? Tell me the whole story...Now!" I said.

-" Okay. Okay. We were partying at the club, then we left the club to go to a motel, and boyfriend called me and threaten of coming down there so I had to leave before we could do anything. I'm really sorry that such a beautiful night ended up that way, but I didn't want to cause a scene." Charlie explained. I breathed a sigh of relief.

-" Whew! Thanks for being honest. I think I'm gonna leave now." I said, starting to walk away. Then, I remembered that I had something for her. I reached my hand inside of my pocket, pulled out silver split heart necklace and handed it to her.

-" You forgot this in the room." I said. Charlie looked at pendant, and grinned.

-" That ain't mine. You know I don't wear anything that is cheap." Charlie said.

-" It is yours. Take it." I insisted.

-" No! I would never ever wear a $20 necklace." Charlie tried to convince me that it was not hers. And, I believed her. Then, who was it for? I was getting more curious and nervous. I found the jewelry next to me on the bed. Who the heck did I spend the night with since nothing happened between Charlie and I?

*** Gabriela's POV ***

My room was a complete mess. Where did I lost it? I found out this morning that the most precious thing that I owned was missing. I didn't even know when or where I lost it because it had been a part of me for years now. I effortlessly looked for it everywhere. I was going insane.

After a while, I decided to give up because I was not going to find it ever again. I was a shame of myself. This necklace was a gift from my mother before she passed away. How could I lose it? I just laid myself in the bed, crying myself to sleep.

*** Cashmere's POV ***

As soon as I got in my car, my phone started to ring. I really didn't feel like talking to anyone, so I ignored the call. I knew that I should pick up because it could've been the guys calling me to give news on our plan, but sometimes a simple thing appeared in your life and affect everything else you were working on. That's exactly what was happening to me. I felt even worse not knowing who I spent the night with than when I thought that I was with a transsexual female. I even drove to the motel where I spent the night in after leaving Charlie's house. The receptionist told me that Charlie was the only woman that they saw me with, and she did left the motel as fast as we got there.