Knights

I woke up to the sound of the waterfall pouring off the rocks and into the pool below. I got up from the cold floor and walked to the waterfall and jumped off. As I was soaring above the trees and water, I saw what appeared to be a boat or ship with about ten to twenty knights aboard. I didn't want them to see me and find out what I really was so I flew back up to the cave.

"There are knights outside in a boat or ship. My father must have sent them here to get me." I said.

"Okay. I will be back. Stay in this cave until I say you may come back out."

"Okay." I agreed.

With that, the dragon launched himself off the ledge and took flight. He soared above the knights while making a ear-bleeding roar that made your lungs vibrate. The knights drifted directly below the waterfall and got out. The dragon returned to our cave with a hurtful look on his face.

"What happened?" I asked caringly

"One shot me right in my chest with a stick." The dragon said trying his best to speak clearly.

"You mean a arrow. I bet they are on their way to our cave right now. Don't worry I will protect you."

"You don't have to protect me. He shot me inside my chest. You cannot take it out for it will kill me. You cannot leave it in or it will get infected and then kill me too. It is my time to rest in peace. You must...you must tell the humans what you are... follow what you know is right."

"But they will burn me at the stake!"

"Don't worry about that. You will get through this."

Tears swelled up in my eyes and I layed on top of the old dragon's wings, while he lay there dying. I could not to anything to help the one who helped me by changing my life. The knights cautiously walk toward me, shield in one hand, sword in another, while others had a bow and a bag of arrows. I stood up angry at them,

"Stay back! You killed my friend!"

"Are you mad? He kidnapped you!" said a knight.

"Wait. I know that voice. Who are you knight?" I asked

"My name is Ajax. Remember me? We would play when we were kids in the castle garden. We would play tag or hide and go seek and annoy the hell out of the servants."

"Go, child. I know you used to nurse an egg inside a small cave, that is my last egg from my mate. She was pregnant when she was killed. I took her egg and I hid it away from all humans. You are the only one but me who knows where it lays. When it hatches, pleace name it Iraneth because it will be a girl."

"How do you know that?"

"The color of the egg." And with that, the dragon passed away into a silent death.

"What egg was that dragon talking about?"

"One I will never let you find."

"I don't want to find it, I want to help you with taking care of it."

"I'm not sure if I can trust you, but maybe one day."

"Lets go."

"No, not yet there is something I have to tell you Ajax."

"What is it Callista? Yo can tell me anything."

"I've loved you since we were kids. And I don't want to get married to a person who I've never met before. I just want you."

"I never would have thought you to say that, but I was about to tell you the same thing on the ship."

"But... there is something in our way keeping us from happiness..."

Ajax walked toward me and took my hand in his.

"Nothing can stand in our way... nothing."

"Ajax..."

"Yes?"

"I am half dragon."

Ajax stood there in silence staring at me with a blank face I could not read.

"I now must give my dragon father a proper funeral."

WIth that, I blew my ice onto my dragon father, so I can come back and visit him when I want, and his body will never be aged by time or decay. After that, Ajax believed every word I said while on the ship, though it may have been hard to believe. Ha! A dragon helping a human who is his daughter! If I couldn't have proved it, it would have just been called foolishness and rubbish. But, since I had the wings and powers to prove it, everybody onboard that ship believed me, whether they liked it or not.