Church Bells

It seemed like a long time before we got there but then I finally saw the church's peak and then the church itself. I saw my parents waiting outside the church for me and then I was flung out of the carriage seat across to the other seats.

"Oh my God!"

As I climbed up from the floor of the carriage I looked out of the carriage window to find that everybody was running around screaming and hiding. I didn't know what was going on and frankly my head hurt like a horse hit it. I don't know, I might have gotten knocked out for a few minutes or an hour. I carefully climbed out of the carriage trying my best not to fall. Then I heard the loudest blood curdling screech ever. I knew exactly what it was: a dragon. I looked up in the sky ready to meet my fate but then the dragon swooped above me and shreaked again and I suddenly realized it was the legendary Emerald Eye. This dragon is not just any dragon, it has emerald eyes, golden scales, and it can breathe fire, fear, ice and acid. I started running for the church becuase I didn't feel like getting my skin melted off by acid today! 'C'mon Callista! You only have 10 feet more to go before you're safe!' I was thinking in my head. But then I blinked and the next thing I knew, I was in the air.

"Ahhhh! Let me down!" I started screaming. I didn't want to die today, but then again it will probably be better than marrying a man I never met before. I decided in a few seconds what ever this dragon wants with me, there is no way of escaping that fate. As I squirmed in the dragon's talons, I watched it burn down the church and many people with it. Then I think my family realized that the dragon had me.

"That monster has my daughter!!" Screamed my mother.

"There is nothing we can do now." Said my father toward my mother.

"Yes there is! Guards grab your bow and arrows!" yelled Ajax.

At that instant the guards that were left grabbed their weapons and shot at command.

An arrow shot the dragon in the tail, but that was the only injury the dragon had. The dragon carried me away as I screamed to my family that I loved them. It seemed like hours, perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't. I didn't care though, I was just focused on landing before I fainted. I had never been in the air before.