chapter 5:Nanjo Ran Route

Nanjo Ran Route

During Oda territorial expansion, Rance gets to fight the Houjou House. Nanjou Ran, without knowing, is the body carrier of one of Xavier Apostles, Gigai, which is called Suzaku before he reaches his final form, Ran is forced to use Suzaku to push Oda back.

During one of Houjou Ogre hunting sorties, Souun sees how Ran uses Suzaku, and starts researching and discovers the true nature of him, warning Ran not to use Suzaku any longer until he manages to get any way of getting him out of Ran's body, but as both of them take active part in the war, she gets captured by Oda before Souun can make any progress.

Souun falls into depression and leaves Houjou Masako in charge of the Houjou House as he is required to fight the Ogre Minamoto in a dungeon at Mamushi Oil Field, and traps himself there in order to fight the Ogre. Meanwhile Rance finishes the Houjou House off and convinces Ran to fight for Oda, but only as long as they investigate where Souun was, Rance imposes that Ran has to be his lover and he will do it, which she accepts just for Souun's sake. 3G and his youkai contacts manage to track him down to a dungeon at Mamushi Oil Field. Rance, Ran and their party get to the lowest floor and Ran uses Suzaku to finish Minamoto off, but Souun is very heavily wounded and has to be treated in Owari.

A doctor called Keikoku comes to treat Souun wounds in a suspicious way, but no one can realize because Suzume and Chaos discover that Nobunaga is Xavier, and he has been stealing the gourds that contained his remains, growing in power. During the war with the Tenshi Sect, Oda managed to capture Manmaru, one of the three girls of the triplet that Seigan was going to use to seal Xavier, and as Rance is enjoying one of his "love sessions" with her, she asks him to release her in order to be able for Seigan to seal Xavier. Rance accepts and then organizes a force to kill the Dark Lord before he grows too strong.

Rance and his party go to the Honnō-ji Temple in order to fight Xavier and his awakened apostles. During the fight, Kentarou kills Rengoku very easily catching him off guard and Rance wounds Xavier heavily, allowing Seigan and the triplet to come inside the room and successfully seal him.

Meanwhile Souun slowly recovers thanks to Keikoku's medical treatment, but when Ran visits him he shows little attention to her and tells her continously to stay with Rance because she is now his girlfriend, making Ran's heart shatter little by little. Keikoku tells Ran to let Souun rest and recover everytime and drives her outside the room.

As the war continues a new superpower grows in the southern part of JAPAN, as theShimazu House starts offering the remaining southern houses alliance pacts, absorbing said house's provinces as theirs, furthermore, they begin seducing female commanders in Oda's army, making them join theirs. As both clans clash swords Keikoku takes Souun with her and disappears, 3G, Ran and Rance realize that no one of them requested Keikoku's help, as they were thinking the other did it.

Keikoku uses Souun's power to start opening Holes to Hell in most of Oda's provinces in order to weaken them more, ogres start rising from the holes and attack Oda's territory forcing their army to split in order to keep fighting against Shimazu and the ogres, slowing the southern campaign.

Eventually Oda manage to stop and close all the holes thanks to the efforts of Ran and her sealing powers, their war against Shimazu goes well and they push Shimazu back to Africa, annihilating their army.

Rance and company discover the true nature of Keikoku and start investigating where she and Souun could be. Keikoku has been using Souun power all along to slow Oda, and she goes deep into a cave at Saitama in order to awake a very powerful Ogre called Sekimei, who was sealed by the first generation of Houjou diviners/Yin Yangs. Every commander in Oda goes to said dungeon and find Keikoku and Souun, accompanied with Sekimei, who has awakened already.

Keikoku reveals all his plans to Oda's party, specially to Ran, who keeps calling Souun's name in order to make him react to her voice, but Souun has been under Keikoku's control all along, so he was not held accountable for his actions. After a tedious fight Rance manages to kill Sekimei, making Keikoku run away without them being able to capture her.

Souun recovers conscience and is informed of all that happened while he was abducted, leaving Ran the choice of going back with Souun or staying with Rance...