wander

Pushing past the forestry, Midway, realisation hit me.
There's no way I could go back. Especially knowing full well that my sister had died while in my presence.
Inhaling deeply to stop the oncoming tears I decided on the opposite direction. If I go any closer to our place of residence nothing good would come of it.
Questions will be asked and maybe  even even an investigation or  trial.

Although it was all to ensure us our safety(supposedly) , it surely was a scary thought.
By the coming of day they would come looking for me and whatever had happened to my mother would be awaiting me.

Making my way to the opposite side of  the lake on which I'd come from, the memory of my sister flashed in my mind making me shiver.
Oomph! 

The rock beneath me  caused me to miss my footing. I could taste the iron on my tongue as it dripped from my lips and onto my chin. Its crimson being a reminder of the horrid just witnessed just minutes before.  
    My ears perked at yet another  strange sound from the not so far off distance.

A sound that caused a surge of adrenaline to run through me. My heart beats at an abnormally fast rate as my body trembles with fear and anger at just the thought of seeing another one of those beasts. It sounded deep and throaty, as if someone were being strangled.

Clutching onto the leather​ bound hilt of the sword I warily observed my surroundings. The darkness of the night was slowly converting back to the heat of the morning. Making my way towards the monstrous noise I lifted the silver pointed object above my head to strike.
Only to find a girl  being strangled by a snake. A thick bodied one with vicious teeth causing a gasp to escape from my lips. Not being able to stomach yet another death before my eyes I ran too the seen lunging at the hideous creature and freeing the girl from its grasp, grabbing it mouth first.         With trembling fingers I quickly sliced at its jaw then proceeded to unwrap until she said something   .

   "What!? Are you crazy?", I just couldn't grasp what was going on in this girls mind. She let out a roar of laughter as she examined my reaction. Her shoulder length blonde hair bouncing up and down.

" you should've seen your face, you looked so worried like oh no she's gonna die~ I've gotta help her! Haha", my eyes twitched in annoyance. Was she always like this?

"Well..." She sighed, relaxing a bit while wiping at her eyes, "I'm used to these wild creatures y'know. Its just so exhilarating! As you fight for your life and your body's just pumping with adrenaline, but they don't stand a chance against me!" She gave a proud smile as if asking me for approval and praise. Her hands were crossed over her curvy but short frame as she held her head full of straight blonde locks up high. She was shorter than me and had a baby   face with doe like chestnut eyes making her seem as if she was a cartoon that we would draw back at home.

"You're crazy", I headed on forward not wanting to waste my time with the but job who found being choked by a snake to be thrilling. 

"Wait wait! Its not safe, you don't even know the way" she said jumping in front of me. "You should follow me"

She offered me a hand and put on a sweet smile. Making her seem almost normal... Not that I would be deceived by such an act.

"You're right I should--" taking this too my advantage I dashed passed her eager be far from this loony. Who knows if she had a thing for strangulation. I could be next! And I left the sword behind so if anything happened I would be done for. 

"Wait up!" Her face appeared before me instead of the hilly forestry in the distance. Yeap! I've never been so terrified in my life. My feet were bound  before i even knew it and my body slumped against the tree.

"Tsk tsk tsk, this is all to help you dear" she said stroking my hair, although difficult since it was tightly coiled.  

"What the hell--!!" She quickly slipped a cloth around my wrists and threw me over her shoulders. Going down some path that seemed deeper and darker than the one I had planned.
Struggling was no use since she had an iron grip for such a small girl.
The most annoying part of it all was the song she was singing the whole way to nowhere! 
Closing my eyes, I sighed in defeat.

Word of advice, of you ever see someone being choked to death by a snake just run! It might just be a masochist.