Gone

"I miss the breeze caressing body . The fresh air filling my senses. ", she said softly with a smile.
"This world is truly a beautiful one. Although it had been war stricken and impoverish and some places still are. Even so...I want you to feel what I once had felt".

The elders warned us not to go to the outside world. We resided within small shelters within the hill and mountains. This place was supposed to be desolate as we were told by the elders.
It came was a great shock knowing I had been lied too for all this time. And for what reason?
But surely, it was done to protect us.

Standing on a rocky hillside me and my sister took in the scenery before us. The disc in the sky, which my sister explained to me as the moon illuminated the huge body of water before us creating a walkway of silver, as if it were inviting us to come over.

" it truly is beautiful sister...I wish everyone got to experience this".
A heartfelt smile once again graced Nora's features.
It made me happy to see her smile like this.
The long wrap skirt with a disarray of patterns and colours rippled in the air, showing off her toned chestnut coloured legs. Her crimped red hair covering her round cognac eyes.

"We should go before we get caught", I said holding on tightly to her hands.
Something bad would surely come it. Especially since they were very strict on this certain rule.
For reasons we do not know of. I was told my mother had made her way out, but was caught. What was done to her was not spoken of.
All we know is that she did not return.

Graaawlll~!

A throaty and distinct howl had caught my attention. It seemed to be coming our way every millisecond.

" there's something out there! We have to go!" I whispered to my sister, tugging at her hand with a sense of urgency. But it was too late.
A sharp silver object was into my sisters chest causing crimson rain to pour over me. Though her eyes held emotions. It had barely missed me by centimeters.

Shock had taken over my body. Without think I took the hilt of the sword that had pierced my sisters person and aimed for the beast. Tears stained my cheeks as I sparred with the monster.

It snarled with its snout and gnashed with its teeth. Claws and husks jabbed at me but I would never give up.
This was for my sister.

Its beady eyes glowered at me from above.
'How could such tiny feet carry such a large beast'? I wondered.

Aiming for it feel and legs, I impaired it. It yowled in pain as I stuck it in its chest.
Deeper and deeper. Til' my adrenaline ran out.

"For my sister" I whispered before scampering over to the only family that I knowingly had left.

"Genevieve y-",my sister croaked before she hacked out blood. " have t-this. Mother w-would want you..."

She held out an orb-like object towards me. Despite the moonlight it was hard to observe.
There was a groove in its center with a crystal casing and it was silver. That's the most that could be seen of it.

"You can't go!" I ululated unable to held back my emotions. Everything felt so unreal. Can't this all just be a dream!? Her skin was beginning to get colder and pulse weakened.

"I will be in a better place", her voice wavered but she smiled. A smile that was telling me to go on and move forward.
"Be strong.. Genevieve...", these were the last words she said before her departure.

" until we meet again", giving her a kiss, I dragged her by the lake and put her to sit upright.
Holding the orb close to my heart and grasping the sword that pierced my sisters soul, I whispered to the heavens.

"I will stay strong for you...Nora."