The Ancient Fae (The World of Fae, Book 4)

The Ancient Fae

The World of Fae

Book 4

By

Terry Spear

PUBLISHED BY:

Terry Spear on Smashwords

Copyright © 2011 Terry Spear

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from the author, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in a review.

Smashwords Edition, License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

Discover more about Terry Spear at:

http://www.terryspear.com

DEDICATION:

To the archeologists and historians who uncover our ancient mysteries and help us to learn about our past. And to those who treasure that which is most important in any world, fae or otherwise—no earthly possessions, only the fae or humans you hold dear.

Chapter 1

Overhearing her brother’s raised voice in his bedchambers, Princess Ritasia could only guess who he was speaking to as she was making her way to her own bedchambers, intending to change clothes and take a jaunt somewhere, someplace forbidden. The corridor was cooler now with the advent of fall. The autumn wind whistled outside the ancient stone walls of the castle, filtering through every crack and crevice. The tapestries depicting fae on horseback hunting or fighting could not keep the cold from finding a way in.

She shivered in her pale blue gown and realized if she was going to stay in this part of the world, she needed to put something warmer on as the temperature had surely dropped even from the time she had risen this morning. Paused near her brother’s door, she was not about to venture past it until she heard all that was said between her brother and cousin.

She could walk on past so they could see she was here and could overhear them, allowing her brother to decide if he wanted her to witness the confrontation or not. But she wanted to know what was up as this affected her also. And she wasn’t sure he would allow her to listen.

Since Deveron hadn’t shut his door, how did he expect to have a private conversation anyway? The fault was not her own that she overheard them.

“Micala, you will not see Cassie any further. And that is my final word on it,” Deveron said, his words harsh.

“She is waiting for me at the ice cream parlor in South Padre Island, as we speak, my lord. I have to at least go there and tell her something.” Micala wasn’t backing down, which wasn’t really like him when faced with her brother’s wrath and didn’t bode well, though Micala couched his own hot temper with an attempt to make an appeal to the crown prince of the dark fae.

“I will not permit it. You were only to pay attention to the human girl a couple of times under my direct orders, not to make such a big deal of this,” her brother snapped. “If my mother learns of your continued association with Cassie, your proverbial goose will be cooked. It does not matter that you’re her favorite nephew. She will not permit it. Do I make myself perfectly clear in this issue?”