Chapter 5: Hospital

Chapter 5

I hear some mumbling and slowly open my eyes.

The first face I see is my mothers. She's pale and she's crying.

"Mom don't cry", I say in a horse voice.

Mom lets out a sigh of relief, and then she takes my hand in both hers.

"Oh sweetheart you're awake", she says.

I nod.

"You really scared us to death", I hear the familiar voice of Iza.

I turn my head and see her sitting at the edge of my bed at my feet.

"Oh hey you", I say putting a hand on her hand back that rests on my shin.

She's really pale and looks scared. I really must have freaked her out.

She turns her hand so my palm ends up in hers and she intertwine our fingers.

I feel sparkles rush through my hand, up in my arm and throughout the rest of my body.

Iza have put her long shiny red hair into a tassel. The tassel starts at her head of course but it stops at her waist. She's so beautiful.

"What happened?" I ask, still in a horse voice.

Mom and Iza looks at each other. Unsure.

"Well... We don't really know", mom begins.

"You where ... Pale, like really, really pale, so I ran out to get your mom, but then we heard a bang and we ran to you..." Iza says, slowly. "And you where kind off... Well you where lying on the floor with your hands to your ears ... Like you where trying to block something out or something ... And then, we asked you how you where feeling and you said you where good, but then you started to throw up and your eyes started to roll in your head and you fainted. Just like that".

I remember that terrible and frightening scream from a girl. Was that a dream? It can't have been, I mean why else would I be here in the hospital.

"Where are Jocelyn and the twins?" I ask.

"With a babysitter", mom answers, as she sobs.

God it hurt me so much to see mom cry.

"And dad?"

"I called him, he's on his way here right now", mom sobs.

"Mom please, please don't cry", I say and stoke mom's cheek with my other hand.

And then the door flies open and dad comes running inside panting. He throws he's work bag on the floor and rushes up to me.

"Jay how are you feeling buddy?" Dad asks, feeling on my forehead.

"Better", I say.

Dad looks at mom.

"The doctors said that there is nothing wrong with him, everything is in order", she says. "But they did see what state he was in when he were brought in here and that's why they're so confused".

No I'm not sick. I'm just mentally ill and need to be locked up into a mental hospital.

But if course I don't say that aloud, I mean how would that sound?

No I just go along with what they come up with, which I really don't know what it is actually.

"Look he's in a hospital, look what you did Mackenzie!"

I look up and see a little girl and a teenage boy.

The girl has long, raven black hair. But the hair is wet so the curls in her hair is now only waves and it reaches her to her waist, she has big, glistening brown eyes. She smiles sweet and two charming smiling pits appears.