[5]

I strummed at my guitar as I sang the song Mark and I sang together yesterday at the karaoke place. That song was stuck in my head. It didn't have any significant meaning to me. But I guess the lyrics were relatable.

I stop singing, hearing a few slams against the wall that separated Mark and I's room. "Yah! Some people actually like their peace and quiet! You have a nice voice and everything, but keep it down!" He yells, hitting once more before he stops.

I put my guitar down, furrowing my eyebrows. I was barely even singing that loud. The words that left my mouth were barely audible if you stood ten meters away from me.

Do man periods actually exist?

I rolled my eyes and let myself collapse completely on my bed where my books were. My textbooks were very distinguishable from other typical textbooks. The edges of my books were colored with a bright yellow highlighter which made it stand out from the black and white covers. Then, I had several post it notes on each page of my textbooks.

I liked studying. I preferred studying alone, compared to other people who preferred being in the company of others. But of course, I was my own distraction. I would go over the questions and realise how difficult they were.

I looked at the Macbook the school had provided us with, for academic purposes. I saw that the deadline was in a few hours and immediately knew that I was screwed.

I knew what I had to do. But I had some dignity left in me.

I sighed and went over to Mark's room, knocking on the door lightly. I hear a groan from the inside before heavy footsteps started approaching the door. Mark opens the door with an annoyed look on his face, changing his expression as he sees how distressed I looked.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. He showed little-to-no interest. "The paper's deadline is in a few hours and I have no idea how to complete it. I've tried to go over what was taught in class, but I really don't get it." I said, having a hand in my hair as I furrowed my eyebrows in distress.

"Calm down." He says as he lets out a sigh, shaking his head. "Let's study in the library. I'll help you there." He says before he leaves me standing at his door. I quickly rushed to grab my things and rushed to the library.

I set them down on the dark oak table, sitting down while I waited for Mark. He sits in the seat opposite of me and gestures for me to turn my laptop for him to see what I've been doing. He rolls his eyes as he sees my errors. He practically solves the questions on the spot, drawing out mind maps and rough drafts on a piece of paper before he hands it to me.

"Elaborate more on those points. Your main objective should be to answer the question, with your opinion. Don't worry if it's right or wrong." He says, turning my laptop before he goes back to his own.

I looked at what he had written and everything immediately made sense.

What the hell?

"How can you actually understand this? I can barely answer the first question." I say as I shook my head, crossing my legs as I typed away at my laptop.

"It's because you're stupid." He says as he looks up at me with a blank expression. "Tsk." I rolled my eyes, looking away from him. "I'm also way smarter than you." He says as he had a proud smirk on his face.

"Yah. Did you ask me to come here so you could insult me even more?" I asked, raising my voice. "I'm speaking the truth." He says with an amused grin. I scoff and begin typing up my paper, knowing he was just distracting me.

•• •• •• •• ••

This time, he doesn't pull me out of the car. I follow behind him, as usual. With my laptop in it's little case with my book bag hung on my shoulder.