Can We talk

Zay's p.o.v

After leaving my Ap History class, I slowly and dreadfully made my way down the hall. It was time for lunch and everyone seemed to be in a rush to get to the cafeteria. I, on the other hand, just wanted to go home.

I made my way to my locker to put my things away and grab materials for the next class. As I shut my locker, a few of my friends, Asia, Nya and Janelle were smiling at me. I raised my eyebrow as I looked at each of them.

"Can I help yall?" I ask looking back at them.

"We came to walk with you to lunch." Nya announced.

"Okay well just say that. Don't stand there lookin like a bunch of phantoms. Shoot. Let's go." I shook my head as we started to walk to my next class.

Even though it was time for lunch I decided to put my things in my next class ahead of time. But for some reason these Heffas were taking their sweet precious time. They were side tracked by everything and walking as slow as possible.

"Oh look! I never noticed they have all these pictures from last year on that board." Janelle squealed as she looked at one of the bulletin boards.

"Eh, look at Devin's ol milk drinkin, crusty ass." Nya said making us laugh. I shook my head slightly before continuing to walk. I placed my books in my upcoming class and began to make my way to the cafeteria.

"Wait Zay! Uh, let's go to the bathroom." Asia suggested quickly before pulling me in the direction of the bathroom and inside of it.

"Yall, we already late. And I ain't tryna hear nobody's mouth today. I don't have time to slap another teacher."

"It's just gonna take a second. I promise." Asia yelled from the stall.

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed as I looked at my face and thought about the events of last night.

This boy who I've been talking to for a while now, Markel, sent an unclear text message that had me on edge. After our usual random conversation of the hour, he told me he had to go because he was gonna go see his 'special girl' in the morning. I didn't reply. I didn't know how to. I mean I couldn't go off and demand an explanation because we're not officially dating. Even though we've known each other for a while, we've only been talking for eight months. But at the same time I didn't know how to ask who he was talking about without sounding irate or jealous. Both of which I was, because I knew he couldn't be talking about me. He's in Kansas. I'm in Nebraska. He can't just come see me. So who in the hell was he talkin about? What special girl? He lives with his mom and doesn't have any sisters as far as I know-

"Alright yall, lets go." Asia said snapping me out of my thoughts as she came out of the stall. She walked right around me and headed for the door.

"You ain't wash yo hands." I scrunch my face up at her.

"I didn't pee, either." She assured smirking. She gave the girls a nod signaling something, but I pretended like I didn't see it. I just narrowed my eyes at Asia.

"So what the hell we been standing here for two minutes for?!"

"I uh had to fix my bra. It was killin me." She lied right to my face. I shook my head and sized her.