Safe with Me

Calling Matt onstage was the wildest thing Sarah ever did in her entire career. She always played it by the book. She always stayed within the limits of what she was told.

But then all Sarah really was is just an ordinary girl who had an extraordinary job. Just like normal people, she also had a tendency to get caught up in the moment and do crazy things for love.

If it was a mistake, then no other mistake could ever feel so right. They just let the music lead them, holding each others hand and stepping to each other's beat- Sarah shaking her hips and Matt bopping his head to the song that described so well what they felt for each other.

It was completely magical.

Reality bit her when she went backstage for costume change. Everyone was like, "Anyare sayo???", Nanay Mayette most of all.

"Sinabi ko na lang kay direk na pinagusapan natin yung ginawa mo. Please, don't do that again," she told Sarah when everyone else weren't within earshot.

"Sorry nay..." was all she could say. Her heart sank at the thought of causing trouble for everyone.

"Sige na, wag mo na isipin yon. Ok naman wala namang nangyaring masama. We were really just shocked."

So Sarah steadied herself and tried to push away her guilt for the next twenty minutes knowing that the only that way she could make up for her wrong was to be the best performer that she could be for the rest of the show.

Matt would soon find out that not everyone was pleased by what they did as well.

Boss Mark met him when he got off the stage. He was all smiles and patted him on the back and posed with him for the cameras. But as soon as they were gone he said to him in the coldest manner possible,

"Never do that again."

Matt's smile faded and absent mindedly found his way back to his seat. He never dreamed of upsetting Boss Mark. Never mind him, what about Sarah? Will she get into trouble for this? He felt guilt wash over him. Sarah would never have done that if not for him.

Bernard on the other hand was still reeling from what he saw. It was bad enough to know that Sarah didn't want her there. He met her at the hotel that afternoon. Her face said it all.

"Sarah!" He said, waving his hand. He was coming out of his room and saw her at the hallway.

"O, bakit ka nandito?" Sarah asked, obviously flustered.

He swallowed and tried to push his luck. "Tinatanong pa ba yon. Syempre, para suportahan ang leading lady ko." Bernard said confidently, and gave her a warm smile that he could only hope will charm her.

"Ah... Ganon ba... Bakit? Di ba napanood mo na to. Pareho lang naman to sa dati." She tried to smile but he could see through her. It was clear that the last thing she wanted is to have him there.

"Boss' orders.." He clarified quickly.

"Sige kita na lang tayo don," she said, trying her best to smile.

Bernard sighed. Having her this aloof around him hurt. "Hayaan mo, I made sure na this time wala ng surprise duet. Sige, Sarah. Good luck."

And now he had to deal with the pain of seeing her serenade his replacement.

So Matt and Bernard sat through the rest of the performance, both finding it hard to focus on the grand show that was happening before them. One because of worry, the other because of envy.

But by the end of the program something happened that brought both guys' attention back onstage. Even Sarah was surprised.

As she opened her last song, clips from Bernard and Sarah's old movies flashed on the widescreen.