Chapter 13

This is a just a reminder of characters! :)

1. Ella

2. Dracula

3. Dad

4. Daddy

5. Kevin (Dracula's Master/ Caretaker)

6. Helen (Ella's Aunt who is currently dating Kevin)

7. Jamie (Ella's friend)

8. Jane (Ella's baby sister)

Hope you guys had a lovely Christmas and a New Year!

Read & Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Ella's P.O.V.

It was any other Friday and it was any other ordinary day for me that is. I have been reading my book for English class all of last night because I had to annotate three short chapters and read them and it was due today. Sadly Dracula couldn't come last night because my Daddy was being difficult and strict. We talked on the phone all night and I made sure he finished his English homework. Afterwards we talked on the phone until midnight. Oh, the conversations we had were unlike any other. We would talk about our relationship, our personal thoughts, secrets, and our feelings. It made me smile while I was finishing my homework in my bedroom Dracula would randomly call or text me. Both of  my Dads would tell me repeatedly times to stop texting him or to get off my phone because he was distracting me. 

As soon as I shut my locker my eyes gazed upon a wary Dracula coming my way. I held my binder to my chest as I leaned against my locker. His eyes looked tired, his skin looked a lot more paler, he didn't have no happy hop in his step, and no special smile on his face. I stood away from my locker as he approaches me. He stops in front me of me and he runs a stressful hand through his hair. His eyes met mine. 

"Drac, are you alright?" I asked concerned.

He shook his head. "No, I'm not. I didn't get any sleep last night. At all," he complains.

I took a step closer towards him, but he took a step backwards. "What's wrong? Dracula, please tell me what is wrong," I nagged.

He didn't answer me, but he dropped his things on the floor and he was digging around in his backpack. He pulls out a small black box. He hands it to. "Quickly open it and put it on you're finger!" he whispers to me.

I opened up the small black box and I found a ring inside. It was a simple, but thick golden band and it was bent and rigid around a green emerald. My fingers went to grasp it, but Dracula quickly slaps my hand away. I look up at his wary blue eyes. "Dracula, what is going on?" I demanded.

"Only I can touch it and grab it. I honestly do not know what this ring will do to you, but it will protect what is mine from danger," he explains to me.

I was confused and afraid of his words. What danger? "What on earth are you talking about, Dracula?" I questioned him.

He looked frustrated and his patience was wearing thin. He gently grasps my wrist as he drew my hand closer to his face. He quickly snatches the ring from the box and he slowly slips it onto my finger. I didn't feel anything, but once the ring was completely on my finger I sure did feel something. The ring was loose around my wedding finger then it tighten around my finger. I felt a tiny shock in my finger.

My eyes widened.  "Dracula, what the hell is going on? Why are you being so strange? You are beginning to scare me," I whined.

His blue eyes met mine and they were filled with sorrowed. To the rest of the high school population he looked like a tired teenager, but to me, since I knew who he was, he looked older and somehow I could see the aging becoming more visible on his face. I know I shouldn't press him with useless questions, but I just want to know why? He sighs. He shook his head. He took my left hand and he kissed my wedding finger where the ring was tightly bounded to my finger. Then he brings himself closer to me and he quietly embraces me. I never knew such vulnerability existed in him before. It was astounding to see him in this state and even though I was the only one who knew him well, he never let a moment like this slip away so easily.