Part One

Some say the man was God. On a mid-December night in the year one thousand nine hundred and seventy-two, a man who shall remain nameless was introduced to the dark, sinful, crime-ridden mass that we call our world. The man, whom many deemed the Unnamed Martyr, was orphaned in the days which closely followed his birth. Nothing much is known concerning the seven years that followed. The Unnamed Martyr was dead to the world. The event which then took place at this particular time was a turning point in the Unnamed Martyr's life, and would begin a spectacular chain of events affecting a vast expanse of the world in his proximity.

It was a man by the name of Stephen Montinet by whom the Unnamed Martyr was discovered. Montinet, much like the Martyr, was a saint in his own right. It may not have been viewed as logical, especially by any other man who had experienced Montinet's socioeconomic downfall, however, Montinet was not phased by his past failure and instead proceeded to raise the Unnamed Martyr as his own.

Then, in the year one thousand nine hundred and eighty-six, things took a turn for the worst. Montinet's wife died and the former saint became hardened and bitter. The hate of the man whom the Unnamed Martyr had come to love seemed to grow with each passing day. The man did not truly hate the Martyr, he only needed someone to blame for the death of his wife.

Montinet himself passed away in the mere months following Mrs. Montinet's death. The Unnamed Martyr's grief over the passing of his savior was unbearable. Though the man had been hateful in his last days, he had also been the first to show any sort of compassion to the boy. The Martyr left in the weeks following his late patron's death, taking with him nothing more than any necessities, and a prayer. He would later come to find that the latter would be all he would be left with. Throughout the countless tribulations that he endured, he was never robbed of his faith that Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Montinet, and possibly even God Himself, were watching over him.