40.

Early morning of December 25th

Melanie Stephen

I was sleeping kinda peacefully next to Jayceon when I felt these sharp pains attack my lower half. I sat up and turned on the lamp realizing that these were actually contractions and when I stood up, I felt a huge rush of water run down my legs and onto the floor.

"Oh my gosh Jay!" I yelled. He didn't hear me and I reached over the bed and punched him as hard as I could in his back. "Jay get up!"

He jumped up, half asleep and Half awake and started to mumble things to himself.

"Shit Mel what's the problem?" He asked wiping his sleepy dark eyes.

"My water just broke, we need to ohhh we need to go to the hospital. Now!"

"Got damnit." He yelled and jumped to his feet, grabbing his slides and my care bag and a coat for me to slip on my arms. I held my stomach in my hand and limped out of the room.

"Jay please hurry it hurts so bad right now." I complained as I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"Baby don't cry cause if you cry, a nigga gone cry too and I'm not no pussy."

I nodded and wiped the tears away as I stood by the door, waiting for him and it felt like hours.

"Alright I just called ya mama and dad they gone meet us at the hospital. Jules and Bridget they on the way too and they bringing Michael."

"And what about Miles?" I asked already knowing what he was gonna say.

"He didn't pick up the phone, but I left him a message but let's go aight."

I nodded once more and followed him out the door. I think I was more excited than scared because it's finally happening! My Nari Noelle is gonna be here soon!

He unlocked the door to his BMW and opened the passenger side and helped me in while also strapping the seat belt over me. I kissed him on his lips and let go after another contraction happened.

"Okay forget this bring ya ass on!" I growled as I clenched the side of the seat. I did the breathing exercises that I read in 'pregnancy & labor 101', but that shit didn't work so I stopped doing it.

"Which hospital are you going to?"

"Northside. Miles purchased a room for me to deliver in and hopefully it's taken care of by the time I get there."

"Aight aight what time is it?" He asked as he pulled out of the parking deck and sped down the street.

"It's um it's going on four in the morning." I groaned. This shit really hurt way worse than period cramps and I can only imagine what it'll feel like once I start pushing...shit!

"Aight imma get you there baby just wait."

He practically raced down the expressway and luckily nobody was really on the streets or we wouldn't have been able to get here in time. It took us twenty minutes tops and once we pulled up outside, he got out and rushed to a find a nurse.